Chapter 7

Ori blinked. He had just thought he had seen a fairy walk right in front of him. Ori did not get a good look at her face, but she had the deepest eyes and hair that shone like a golden morning. But the young dwarf had to focus. There was a cave near by.

There was a huge, stinking cave near the trolls fire. Flies buzzed in the cave an it smelt like rotting food. It was the trolls hoard.

Gandalf and a few dwarves including Thorin, Bofur and Gloin searched the cave. Huge amounts of gold lay on the floor. Bofur and Gloin decided to make a 'long term deposit' wit some of the mass amounts of treasure scattered on the floor.

Thorin ignored his companions- he knew there was a whole lot more gold as jewels where he was heading. Then something under masses of cobweb, caught his eye.With caution, Thorin approached the strange cobwebbed objects with caution. He picked up two items- they were swords. Thorin looked over at Gandalf, giving him on.

"These were never made by any smith amoung men," commented the grey wizard. Gandalf studied the hilt and the engravings of the blade. It glistened like dew in morning sunlight.

"These were made in Gondolin," he explained. Thorin suddenly took distaste in the sword. He did not trust the elves.

"You could not wish for a finer blade!" instructed Gandalf. The dwarf picked up the sword and unsheathed it. The ivory hilt was perfect for his grip, he tested it by swinging it too and fro. Thorin put it back in its sheath.

"We should get out of here!" he commanded.

Elfreda sat against a rock, her head laid back in shame. Kasper her horse nudged her shoulder. She turned to look straight into his dappled face. She patted his muzzle. Kasper nickered softly. Elfreda kissed his long face and stood up, then mounted her horse and rode off, leaving the camp behind.

"Gandalf, I've never used a sword in my life!" said Bilbo. Gandalf had given the hobbit a short sword that he found in the hoard.
"And I hope you never have to, but remember- true courage comes from knowing not when to take a life, but when to spare one," advised Gandalf.

All of a sudden, a shout of warning came from Thorin. Gandalf stood up, unsheathing his new sword and paced off, giving orders left right and centre. Bilbo drew his short, elvish blade. The rounded sword glittered and had a flowing pattern up it. Then Bilbo too ran off to join his dwarfish companions.

Kasper came to a holt in the middle of nowhere. His ears were pricked, searching and listening. A rustle from the bushes. Within a second, Elfreda was armed with a arrow aimed in her bow. She followed the sound until it emerged from the undergrowth. A sled pulled by rabbits carrying a scraggy brown wizard. He was Radagast. He passed Elfreda without looking, not even noticing. Without even a command, Kasper followed him. They came to an quick stop as Radagast went shouting and screeching into the Company.
"Radagast!" cheered Gandalf. The two wizards approached each other as friends, Gandalf calming down his scraggy companion with a puff of Old Toby. The dwarves looked on with confusion as Gandalf pulled a stick insect from Radagast's tongue.

Elfreda strained to hear the two wizards as they talked in private. Every now and again each wizard glanced up at her- Gandalf must of told Radagast she was there. They took council about huge spiders and a dark disease that spread through the forest.
"It came from Dol Guldor!" stated Radagast. But that was impossible. Nothing had come from that abandoned fortress since....
No, not now, Elfreda could not take that threat again. Radagast handed something wrapped in a aged cloth. Even from her far distance, Elfreda felt the evil radiate from it- even Kaspar twitched.

A fowl roar echoed through the forest. Bilbo went pale.
"Is that a wolf?" he asked. Bofur replied "No that's not a wolf." Within seconds, a huge beast leapt out of the bushes, but it was killed by Thorin. Another then came from behind but again this was slain by Kili.
"This means an Orc pack isn't that far behind!" strained Thorin. Bilbo went green. Orc pack. Radagast took up the conversation, saying he would distract them. Gandalf refused, Radagast would be killed.
"These are Rustabell Rabbits, I'd like to see them try"