Chapter 19

Everyone in Goblin Town was rather dazed and confused after Gandalf's extreme entrance. He looked around again and this time shouted
"Fight!"

This time his command worked. The dwarves got slowly to their feet and grabbed their weapons. Elfreda also picked up her things and pulled her pack over her shoulders. Goblins started to attack too but Gandalf, with graceful movement, sliced them down with a brisk movement of his sword.
"He wields the Foe Hammer!" screeched the Goblin King. But no one was listening, they were too busy either trying to escape or stop the prisoners from getting away. With a lot of force and fighting, the company and Elfreda were free but they still had to get out of the cave.

Swords and axes clashed as they ran through the town. Elfreda ran out front, her strides far longer than anyone else's. She ducked and dived, forward rolled and skidded. Elfreda guided them through the tunnels using her extreme sight to see where she was going.

Dwalin and a group of other dwarves had chopped of a railing and were using it as a long arm to sweep away the goblins before they could reach them.

Thorin stood at a point where three path met, swinging Orcrist about his head. There were countless amounts of goblins surrounding him. But Thorin was making mistake and the goblins were working around him, finding his weak points.

Elfreda noticed him slowing. Gandalf took over the lead as Elfreda jumped to the path below taking out at least twelve goblins in one go. She barged her way through them to reach Thorin. Just as she reached him, a goblin pounced into the air but it did not get very far. A small knife also flew through the air, killing the goblin and it fell smacking into the thin wood path, ripping a hole in the wood. Thorin thanked her, returning the favour by stabbing another mutated being in the leg and dragging it off the edge. It squealed as it fell over the ledge plumetting down into the cave below.

The dwarf and maiden stood back to back swirling around killing goblins. When a space finally became free, the both bolted running as fast as the could to catch up with the rest of the company.

"Just like the old days!" Elfreda laughed as she took a side step behind Thorin, stabbing an goblin and side stepping to once again be at his side. Thorin shook his head but Elfreda could tell he knew it was true too. When he was growing up, Elfreda had always been there to get him out of trouble. Both moved and fought together in sequence until they finally caught up with Gandalf and the rest of the dwarves. From over the other side, goblins swung acroos on ropes in attack.

"Cut the ropes!" Thorin shouted. The dwarves swung their weapons and the the ropes holding a bridge above them. As the path fell, the goblins on the ropes were caught around it and swinging off in the opposite direction. All of the dwarves continued to run.

"Come on, quickly," ushered Gandalf. Elfreda took an arrow from her quiver and instantly shot it. It whizzed passed Gandalf's head, missing it by milimeters and smaking into a goblins skull. Gandalf looked at it as it fell over in front of him. They reached a dead end where the road fell off down into cavern. With a quick slash of his sword, Kili cut the rope holding it. It swung over to the other side where a few dwarves including Balin and Ori jumped off. The swing then swung back where a group of goblins also jumped on where Fili, Kili and Elfreda slayed them all.

"Hello again!" Elfreda said to Fili. He looked at her with confused eyes, then he reliased that she was the one who saved him from the wargs. She smiled at him, her grin rising up to her deep blue eyes. The swing swung back and the rest of the company jumped off and cut the rope.

Once again the dwarves were slashing about with goblins tagging at their heels. But archers were shooting at them from the other side and it had to stop. Elfreda grabbed a rope and swung across. She deflected the arrows with her sword and landed like an elf on the other side. She took them all out like a hurricane. She continued to run alongside the dwarves only on the other side of the cave.
"Come on!" Balin called "quickly!"
But Elfreda could not. She had to find another rope to swing across again but their was none. She had to improvise.

There was an overhang about 50 metres ahead of her. With a swift turn she sprinted up the over hang and leapt across the valley. She missed by a centimetre. Elfreda fell...

A hand grabbed hers as she fell through the air. It was Fili's. He looked at her with worry
"It was time to return the favour!" he grinned. The rest of the dwarves surrounded them as both Kili pulled Fili and Fili pulled Elfreda. They heaved her up.
"Thanks!" she replied " now come on!"

In order to get away quicker, Gandalf cut a rock away from the mountain above them. It rolled ahead of the company, crushing everything in its path. It rolled all the way down the hill and fell off at the end.

A goblin knocked Elfreda's sword out of her hand. It clattered to the floor. The beast smiled a slick grin but received a kick in the face from Elfreda's boot. She picked up her sword and carried on.

They came to a empty bridge. However the Goblin King shot up from beneath it. He grinned. The goblins surrounded them.
"What are you going to do now wizard?" mocked the king. Gandalf lunged forward and pocked him in the eye then slashed him across the belly. The Goblin King fell to his knees and replied
"That'll do it"
Gandalf cut the goblins goitre and the king died where he fell crushing the wood beneath him. It gave way, snapping in two.

The company fell into the cavern. It wrecked everything in its path. Elfreda dived her sword into the wood and bent her knees to take the strain of the fall.

Eventually they crash landed. Everyone was crushed under the wood. Elfreda chuckled
"I wanna do that again!"

The rest of the dwarves did not seem to pleased. Gandalf stood up and looked at them.
"Well that could of been worse!" joked Bofur. Just after he said that, the Goblin King plopped on top of them. All of the people under his great weight groaned. The goitre flopped on Elfreda's face. She could do nothing but retch.

Balin helped her move the flesh off of her. Elfreda stood up.

Thousands of goblins massed after them.
"It's too many we can't fight them!" noted Dwalin partly carrying the tired Nori. Gandalf nodded and they all ran towards the exit.

Elfreda stopped Gandalf.
"We will never get out of here alive!" she complained. Gandalf looked at her then noticed she already had a plan in her head.
"No," he stated. But Elfreda did not listen. Instead she turned away from them, sword held up. Fili stopped her.
"You can't, you'll get killed"

Elfreda smiled " If I don't you will, besides I've protected your kin for generations," Fili offered her back her bracelet. She pushed it back
"You keep it, it will protect you,"

With that she ran off heading into the swarm of goblins.