veintitres.

It was a line Stiles Stilinski never thought he'd hear a counsellor say:

'I think you should talk to someone.'

His fingers had stopped knotting the hole in his lacrosse stick as he stared at her. He frowned and looked around, making a show that he was talking to someone. That's why he was here, in a the school counsellor's office. He gave her a look and Ms. Morrell went back to what she had previously diagnosed him with.

"You say you can't sleep, are constantly jumpy and have a constant overwhelming fear that something bad is about to happen." She said, "Something tells me if you spoke to a certain Ms. Rodriguez that this might ease a lot of your troubles."

"It doesn't work like that." Stiles said, ignoring how she knew about Violeta or why she would bring her up. "Surely you know that one person can't make everything bad in the world go away."

"True," Morrell said, "but I know that certain people can make you feel like it does."

"So you're saying I should talk to Violeta and then everything will magically sort it ourself out? That dad and I will become fine? Scott's own problems will sort out? Him and Allison would get better? Issac, Erica, Boyd?"

"I'm saying that you're breathing. Right now, there is air flowing in and out. It might not feel like it is, but it is." Morrell said. "Sometimes, it takes certain people so you can truly feel it."

Now, Stiles Stilinski stood outside the simple white house. He looked at the flowers blooming in the bushes outside and wondered if she should've bought a bouquet of flowers with him.

The door opened and Tomei walked out, a bag in her arm. She did a double-take, seeing the boy there.

"Um..." She said.

"Is Violeta in?"

"Why?"

"I need to see her."

"No."

Stiles sighed and kicked a stone. He dug his hands in his pockets, expecting this. "I know she doesn't want to see me but-"

"No." Tomei said. "I'm not letting you see her."

Stiles staggered in surprised at that. Tomei hadn't exactly been subtle in her desires to get them together. She was just like the rest, actively urging them together, but also being active in trying to get it to happen. During the weeks that he'd spent at their place after abuela Maria's death, she would often claim she had to leave the house to pick up milk and not be back until three hours later. She was the only who told him to stand by her at the funeral. She was the one who woke him up to show him Violeta playing the ukulele.

"What? Why?" Stiles demanded, becoming filled with such anger that this person in front of him had prevented Violeta and him from being... from interacting.

"You refused her, Stiles." Tomei said. "You openly rejected her. Not once, twice. D-Bo gave you a ticket, an open invitation, and you refused. Then she told you. She somehow managed to get it out to you and tell you that with what she is, she has a soulmate, a predestined whole other who is literally perfectly suited to her and you went nah and ran off."

"I was drugged with wolfsbane." Stiles said. "I had just... I had seen something and didn't know what was real and not." He admitted. "I thought it was another sick joke my mind was playing. I ran off before she could laugh in my face or yell that she wished it wasn't me."

Tomei's face immediately fell at that.

"Stiles," Tomei said, "I don't think you understand. Her grandmother died because she can't actually go on living without Violeta's grandfather. I know it sounds like something in a Nicholas Sparks movie-"