veinte.

"Oh, what the hell is this?"

"Veggie burger."

"Stiles, I asked for a hamburger."

"Well veggie is healthier. We're being healthy." The boy, Stiles, said as he held up a salad in a plastic container that had been store-bought from the local supermarket on his way to have dinner with this father at the sheriff's office.

The father sighed as he opened up the box of curly fries to find that there was no cheesy covered curly pieces of potato. Instead he found cut up pieces of carrot and celery, nicely laid out. "Oh hell why are you trying to ruin my life?"

"I'm trying to extend your life." Stiles said with an exasperated look. "Okay? Could you just eat it please?" Then he added. "And tell me what you found."

"No, I'm not sharing confidential police work with a teenager." Noah said to his son.

"Well you could tell Bernie Mac as you eat some homemade cannoli." Stiles and Noah both looked at the opened office door that Violeta stood with two red containers in her hand a soft smile on her face. "I also brought dolma since you guys like it so much." She stepped forward and placed the containers on the table as she pressed a kiss to the top of Stiles' head.

Noah eyed the pair but said nothing, the smile on his face. As she sat down, Stiles asked her how she was and how her day was, seeming interested. The two had become significantly closer after the death of her grandmother. He didn't sense any awkwardness between the two, no stiffness. It was the comfort you had with someone after knowing them for so long, going through such trying experiences with them.

"... and Tomei says hi." She told his son as Sheriff Stilinski finally managed to open the container lid. He all but groaned at the beautiful sight of authentic, homemade cannoli. He grabbed the plastic forks and knives Stiles had brought and cut into the sauce covered cylinder of feta and spinach.

"He's supposed to be healthy!" Stiles said, gesturing in outrage as his father gulped down the food Violeta had brought, expressing both pleasure at the taste and his gratitude as he spoke. Stiles gave his father a disgusted look. "We're being healthy!" Stiles added, giving a pointed look to his father.

"So I'm assuming you don't want this then." Violeta teased, raising her eyebrows as she moved the container out of his reach. Stiles gave her a look and she stared, amused, counting the seconds until he gave up.

"Give it here." She bit her lip to keep from laughing as she passed him the dolma and decided she would work on the verge burger herself.

"You know, as far as veggie burgers go, this is... still bad." She dropped the burger and wiped her hands. Stiles offered her his fork but she shook her head, opting to just go for the carrot and celery. "So, what did you find?"

Noah paused the fork that was half way to his mouth and glanced at Stiles. Stiles, mouth full of food waved his hand. He mumbled something and Noah frowned. With a sigh, Violeta explained, "He said that's unfair and you can't expect him to leave and only tell me." Both Stilinski men gave her a look. She shrugged and picked up another piece of celery.

"Stop reading my mind!" Stiles managed to get out as he swallowed his food. Violeta rolled her eyes at him. She brought her legs up on the chair and began scanning the board behind the sheriff. "So that's it on the board behind you?" She asked.

"... No."

Her and Stiles shared a look before they both darted out of their seats and stood in front of the board, taking it in. Noah sighed, knowing there was no use now that Stiles was with Violeta. He turned in his seat, the container and fork still in his hands as he explained.