siete.

"The best film of all the eighties was Empire Strikes!"

"Are you serious right now? Like, bro, in stating that you dismiss every single John Hughes film."

And that was how Scott McCall found his best friend — arguing with Violeta Rodriguez. At first, Scott was confused when he saw Violeta in the passenger seat of Stiles' Jeep as his best friend pulled into the parking lot. Then he focused his hearing, tuning out everything and centring on the conversation in the jeep.

"Besides Ferris Bueller, his other films were mediocre."

"Mediocre? Let me tell you something about mediocre - it's high praise for the prequels."

"Oh, low blow." Stiles retorted, dragging his words out. A smirk appeared on the girls' face and Stiles was quick to think of another retort. "Besides, you can't even defend it. Like, Breakfast Club was so boring. Like nothing happens. And! He didn't even write a script!"

"Yes! And that's what makes that scene so much more real and poignant."

"Oh, so the actors ad-lib and Hughes gets praise? That's the same argument you had for why Dark Knight isn't a good film." Stiles said with a huff.

"Oh, go wank to Princess Leia in that metal bikini." Violeta said as she got out of the Jeep. Scott saw the blush rise in his friend's face and the awkward yet adamant haste statement that, he, Stiles has never ever doing such a thing.

"Stiles, I am way too tired and hungry for you to deny doing what we know you've done." Scott heard her say. Stiles pulled up short and she looked him up and down. "Probably many times."

"Wait, what did you eat for breakfast?" Stiles asked, the apparent genuine concern making Scott think it was more than just a rouse to change the subject.

"I, uh, didn't have time." Violeta said. It then dawned on the duo that they were walking together to school. They noticed people looking at them the same time Scott saw a guy walk past and almost trip over from not looking where he was going. Well, if it still took Scott - who knew that she knew about the supernatural - aback that Violeta was joking around with Stiles... he could get how the rest of school would probably be talking about this for the rest of the day.

"Hey Scotty." Stiles said as he greeted his friend. Scott smiled at his friend and looked at Violeta. She gave him a small smile and he nodded at her.

"Good morning, Scott." She said politely.

"Hey Violeta. How are you?"

"I'm okay." She said. "Your friend has warped views on cinema history but we can move past that."

"No! N-no no we can't because The Dark Knight is the pinnacle Batman film and—"

"Ferris Bueller perfectly encapsulates the time period of the 80s." She interrupted. "Not some low-budget," Stiles gasped again, "Sci-Fi film with actors doing cocaine on set."

"They were not doing- how do-what are you talking about?" Stiles asked when Violeta turned on him, looking very, very smug. "How do you know everything?"

"Oh, Stiles doesn't know? Why else do you think Carrie Fisher's nails were so long." Violeta grinned at him. Stiles glared at her which caused her to smile even more. Scott could only stare at the two.

"You alright Scott?" Violeta said, looking at the teen wolf.

"Yeah." He dismissed. "I just... uh. Sorry."

"Well, uh." Violeta's joking demeanour fell when she realised why Scott McCall was looking at her like that "I have to go find some people but, uh, it was nice talking to you." She looked at Stiles and squeezed his arm slightly. "Thank you for giving me a ride." She then turned around and pulled her hoodie up. Stiles let out a long exhale and turned to his friend, thoroughly annoyed.