cinco.

"I came home from work as fast as I could! What happened?!" Tomei said in a hurried/stressed/panicked voice that was trying very much to appear calm. Even though she saw Violeta pacing up and down the kitchen corridor, hand on her head as she muttered in Spanish and English and Tomei even caught a bit of Italian. Her heart dropped then to her stomach as the only time Violeta changed languages like this was when... well, when shit hit the fan.

It was a coping mechanism, the therapists and doctors and old aunties had told her. That she'll speak about a situation in different languages to be able to see it from different perspectives. But this would require a situation that stressed Violeta out. And Violeta didn't get too revved up about much.

So Tomei was, well, panicking.

"What happened?" She asked, her voice solemn as she rushed to forward to embraced her niece. Violeta just shook her head and passed Tomei her mobile phone. Tomei took her niece's phone into her hands and took a steading breath to prepare herself for what had caused Violeta to be in such a state.

YOU HAVE ONE NEW MESSAGE FROM: batman.

'hey.'

Tomei frowned. She looked at Violeta who offered no explanation, only moving to sit down at the couch, her knee bobbing up and down. She sat down next to her and reread what was on the screen several more times, hoping whatever caused her to stress out would somehow manifest itself to Tomei and explain whatever the hell was going on.

Nope.

She had to ask.

"Who's Batman?"

"It's, uh, Stiles Stilinski."

-

"So, uh, do you think I can get your number?"

Violeta was silent.

Stiles dug his hands into the front pockets of his jeans. Violeta stared at his brown eyes, mouth slightly open that this was actually happening.

Stiles.

Asking for number.

They were standing outside Kenny's, the conversation done and Stiles mentioning that it was late and he probably had to get home. Violeta had just said something in Spanish to the guys and then stood up with him, following him out with one goodbye to Kenny. He offered her a lift and she declined, saying it was a short walk home. Then she made the joke that no one was really going to hurt her at night. Stiles got the dark humour.

"What?" She had asked after he had asked.

"For, you know, if we need you so I know how to contact you." Stiles explained. Her shoulders deflated a little bit, bringing to her attention that the had risen in anticipation.

Anticipation for what exactly, well that she was definitely not going to dwell upon.

-

Tomei laughed.

Violeta death glared but Tomei wasn't worried. She wasn't because whilst yes Violeta had one hell of a death glare, the situation was just... too... cute. There was no other word to describe it. Adorable. The fact that Tomei had thought someone had broken in, she'd gotten into a fist-fight, stabbed, in a hit-and-run or maybe a drive by. There were so many scary things that could've happened due to the nature of where they lived and what the Rodriguez line meant. Violeta had a life that wasn't typical for your average teenager girl. Often times, Tomei caught herself shocked when she saw Violeta going through the usual teenage drama.