veintidós.

"Trust you?" Noah said, making his son remember what had landed them in the picky situation of him no longer being a sheriff and therefore, unable to just waltz into the station on the basis of 'trusting him.'

"Trust... Scott?" Stiles offered, pointing at his best friend.

"You mean the other person who helped you steal a police vehicle and lock up the son of an influential member of the community?" Noah asked. "No, I want Violeta."

"Yeah, that's not gonna happen." Stiles said, snapping his fingers as his mind flashed back to her arm, to what the tattoo actually was, to what it meant...

But once again, he can't deal with that. He can't go and see her like he wanted to after Scott sobered him up and he could think clearly and see how freaking FANTASTIC this was because, yet again, there some supernatural problem he head to deal with. He honestly couldn't care about finding Lydia or the rest of the people at the party. He needed to see Violeta. 

Violeta. 

His Violeta. 

He was already hers... but somehow, it had actually worked out that she was his, all his. 

Violeta. 

She was his.

But Matt had been thrown into a pool. So of course Stiles couldn't go and see her, couldn't go and kiss her and try to confess and apologise and tell her all that he was feeling. He couldn't because supernatural business just had to get in the way once more. 

"Why?" His father asked, bringing Stiles back to the problem at hand. "Look, you always apologise—"

"I know dad!" Stiles snapped, not expecting it to come out as harsh. But it did. It did because he couldn't believe he had to put this aside and get his dad to listen and he wasn't listening but he had to because the sooner all of this got solved meant the sooner he could find Violeta and have it all play out like he'd always imagined.

"I'm sorry," Stiles apologised. "It's, uh, it's complicated."

"You guys fight?" Noah asked.

"Something like that." Stiles said, refusing to look at anyone. "So please drop it. The sooner we can deal with Matt, the sooner I can go find her and make things right." He said, mainly to himself, reassuring himself.

"Okay." Noah said, seeing how important this was for his son. "We'll go to the station." He said. Stiles' eyes lit up and Noah smiled at his son, glad to see the case had taken some of the edge off.

They arrived and scanned the hospital cameras first. Noah ignored all of Stiles' claims to try and prove it was Matt on the basis of the back of his head and that he wore a leather jacket. Finally, Melissa McCall provided a testimony and the ball began rolling from there.

"Stiles, go to the front desk and tell them to let Melissa McCall in when she gets here." Noah ordered. Stiles all but jumped over Scott as he rushed to the front desk.

Although at the front desk Stiles didn't find the deputy sitting, typing on the computer. Instead found her on the ground, her chest ripped to shred and blood pooling around her. He blinked, seeing the badge and knowing just who this lady was.

Boyd's mother. 

Boyd's mother was staring up at the ceiling, life no longer in her eyes. Her hand was on the wound still, blood having bled onto her uniform, onto her hands, onto the ground around her... where she lay dead. 

Panic rising, Stiles turned around to alert Scott the kanima was here, that there was a dead body, that they were no longer safe -- to call Violeta immediately. And that was when he turned to come face to face with the gun pointing at him right between his two brown eyes.