nueve.

"I have no idea what did this."

"Of course you don't. Your kind do not come into close contact with these creatures very often."

"So you know what did this?"

Violeta stared at the deep scars that ran down the body of the hunter currently placed on the silver table before her. When Dr. Alan Deaton had knocked on her door early this morning, Tomei had opened it and Violeta had sighed when she saw the druid standing there. It was happening. The very fact that he had come straight to her and not her grandma emphasised the shift that was occurring.

Tomei was about to ask, as a normal concerned guardian would, but then she saw the sternness set in Violeta and it suddenly clicked what this was about. Tomei wasn't really that all involved with the supernatural but being Violeta Rodriguez' guardian made her need to know who was what.

For example; Alan Deaton = druid emissary.

So Tomei didn't ask and just said she would leave the two to speak. At this, Deaton had said that he actually had something to show Violeta and that it couldn't wait. The fact that the druid had come to her, straight to her, made Violeta nod and follow the druid to his animal clinic to which she found the body presented to her.

"How is Scott?" She asked, knowing Deaton had quietly taken the responsibility of the young teen wolf.

"He is fine. Derek hurt him so the cut may take a little longer to heal but it will heal." He answered. Then he waited for her answer.

"I know you wish for me to divulge my knowledge but I can't do that. Not just yet." Violeta said, not facing him as she crouched down to get a closer look to one particular cut. "All I can say is that I have not run into the creature myself."

"I know." Deaton said. She didn't stand up, only flicking her eyes to meet his gaze with a raised eyebrow. He laughed. "If you had it would be dead."

"My opinion... murder ain't a good first option."

"Some would disagree." Deaton said. "For example, the Argents."

Violeta rolled her eyes. "I will ignore that comment at the expense of your ignorance of just what we have faced. I won't remind you who you're speaking to and the offence you could impose by saying that a mere human would pose a difficulty for me."

"And yet, they're your greatest weakness." Deaton said. At this, Violeta stood up and walked around the table to square up to him. Deaton wasn't a very tall man and she was glad to be at eye-level at him. Not that being shorter would've made her any less intimidating.

"Just what is it you are insinuating?"

"I met a traveller once." Deaton said. "He had come from an antique land where he had come across an even more antique scripture. It spoke of how there must always be balance. Even with your kind."

"And you believe foreign rumours?"

"I believe what is in front of me." Deaton spoke. "And I see Abuela Maria's health declining more and more since the death of your grandpa."

Violeta brought both her hands up and slammed each one on either side of Deaton's head. The druid became stoic and his eyes rolled up. At this, she flicked her wrist and he fell limp on the ground.

Violeta didn't realise she was shaking until her phone started vibrating and she couldn't unzip her pocket to get it out. By the time she could calm herself down enough to open it up, the call had cut out. She looked at the caller ID and felt her stomach drop even more.

Missed call from 'batman.'

Then, before she could even process, she got a text from him.