diez.

"Someone died yesterday. Someone still died yesterday. They died because I was too busy making sure Stiles got home safe and wasn't too afraid of the kanima and made him some tea to go to sleep— some fucking tea!"

"Language."

Violeta stopped pacing back and forth her grandmother's room. She stared at the elderly lady who, herself, was making tea. Violeta swore in French, knowing her grandmother wasn't so well-versed in that language.

"Je connais des mots en français aussi." Abuela said in accented French, giving Violeta a pointed look. Violeta stopped and huffed, watching her grandmother as she poured tea into another cup... then poured that back into the teapot and repeated that process one more.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Easing your mind." Abuela replied. "Mi amor, you cannot save everyone. You identify what creature is... who it is. You achieve something."

"He killed an innocent human being."

"If you have done your research on kanimas, you know that is not always true." Abuela said. "Come, give me your hand." Violeta sighed and came to sit down next to the old lady. She held out her right hand and abuela opened the tea pot lid and held Violeta's hand above the opening, letting it bask in the steam of the tea pot. Violeta watched intently, not expecting this.

She had thought abuela would just hold her hand as they both drank some tea to 'ease her mind.' Instead, she moved Violeta's sleeve up so that her arm too would feel the steam. Then, she laid her arm down on the table and laid some fresh tea leaves on the inside of forearm. On top of this, she poured the tea over her granddaughter's arm.

It burned and Violeta loud a small hiss... but kept it there, trusting whatever tradition her grandma was keeping or spell she was performing right now. There had been many instances like this where abuela had just done something without explaining why but it turned out to be another life lesson or some skill that Violeta needed to pick up.

So Violeta had faith in whatever her grandma was doing.

Once all the tea was poured out, her grandma removed the tea leaves for Violeta to see a word written on her arm. She stared in disbelief then looked at her grandma.

"What does it mean?"

"I don't know." Her grandma said. "Google it."

"What? Are you serious?"

"If you don't know how will I know." She said as she bobbed Violeta's nose. The teenager's face smoothed into one of annoyance at that. With a huff, she pulled out her phone with her left arm and typed the word into Google.

Abuela Maria stood up and went to sit beside the window, staring at the world outside. From where she had been sitting previously with the teapots, her granddaughter read out from her telephone. "It's Polish... The first part means sword and the second means glory or famous." She read out. "It's actually a name. A name?" She looked up from her grandma. "This is a name? Of what?"

"A person?" Her grandma said with a smile.

"What kind of person nowadays has this kinda name?" Then Violeta realised something. "Wait if you knew it was a name, why did you tell me to Google it?"

"A joke."

Violeta only sighed. "Am I supposed to know someone by this name or something?" She read it out again, scrunching up her nose. "Are they... important to me?"

"If you know them then they will be important. If you do not know them then you will have nothing to fear." Her grandma answered without even glancing at her. Instead, she had her eyes closed and smiled as the sunlight filtered through the window and shone upon her face. Violeta wanted to be angry but she looked far too peaceful for a tantrum.