dos.

Adderall.

That's what Sheriff Stilinski thought when his son came bustling down the stairs as he walked in the house, having just interviewed Isaac Lahey and his father.

"Hi dad." Stiles said, too busy worrying about cereals and milk. The sheriff eyed the grandfather clock and saw that his son was running late. "You're running late." He noted.

"I couldn't sleep last night." Stiles admitted. Suddenly, the mood sobered up as the reality of current events hit the both of them. This brought the sheriff's mind back to this mind and the lead that he had going for him. "Have, you, uh found anything?"

"We haven't found Lydia." Stilinski answered the question Stiles hadn't asked. "But could you do me a favour?"

At the prospect of being involved in the investigation, Stiles' attention rose and his eyes brightened. "Sure dad, what's up?"

Sheriff Stilinski took a deep breath, knowing his words could have a bigger impact than they attended.

Hence why he'd spent a good part of the morning thinking them over.

And the better of the last two years.

"There's this girl. Spanish. Dark hair and green eyes. Goes by the name of Violeta Rodriguez."

Stiles' mind immediately thought of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and the white Nike sneakers that contrasted against the rest of black clothes she had been wearing. Yes, she.

Even Stiles hadn't realised she was of the female gender the first time he saw her at Kenny's Comic shop. Violeta Rodriguez had been playing Pac Man and was wearing a red bandana in her hair. She had gotten the top score because Kenny gave her a free banana milkshake afterwards. When she left, Stiles went to the machine and checked the leaderboard. He then realised she'd won all the top places and entered her names to spell out SAVE FERRIS BUELLE— except there wasn't any space left for the 'R.'

The reference still wasn't lost on him.

Had he not been deathly terrified of her or her... gang, he might've said something to her. Might've.

Probably... not.

Definitely not.

Look, she was undeniably gorgeous once you, you know, realised she was a girl.

Even as a boy, like, she might've been like one of those pretty boys—

"Stiles?" His father prompted him out of rapid thoughts concerning her.

"Yeah, I know her." Stiles finally said, clearing his throat. "Ah, why do you ask?"

"Are you two close?"

"I, uh, I wouldn't say close. She goes to Kenny's and—"

"Yeah I know." His father said. Stiles blinked, surprised at the information his father knew about the girl. However, he didn't say anything since it was not an unknown fact that his dad had run ins with the a few of her relatives. Stiles idly wondered if that included her also?

"Is there, uh, something you need?" Stiles asked. Surely there was if his dad was asking him. Especially about her.

"If you can," His dad sighed and stopped, he looked at his son and Stiles suddenly saw the weight on his father's shoulders, "can you ask her to contact me. I need to ask her a few things."

Now, Stiles had to ask. "Is she..."

"She's not in trouble." Stilinski immediately dismissed his son's thoughts. "I just... do you know anything about Isaac Lahey?"