once.

It was now nighttime and in the back of her mind, Violeta briefly noted the lacrosse game currently on right now. 

Why was she so hyper aware of a lacrosse game? Firstly, Stiles had told her about it. But it wasn't like she was hyper aware of him or whatever... no, it was just that she had also witnessed the increased practice Coach was putting on the team. This of course, lead to Coach begging her every time she walked into Economics class to please join the team. It was the semi-finals and Beacon Hills were apparently going up against some tough guy who was known as The Abomination.

Whatever. 

After a very long day with abuela, her grandmother finally asked for some time alone. Violeta nodded but didn't really know where to go. When she had left the hospital room, she had bumped into Carlos talking to Melissa McCall. Carlos nodded at her and he left the nurse to come and speak to her.

"I heard there was an incident in the shop." Carlos said. Violeta's defences immediately went up and she immediately thought of Stiles and oh, how the pang of betrayal stabbed— "Maria told me last night."

Violeta blinked and let out a small breath, realising that, once again, Stilinski hadn't actually betrayed her. This was the second time she'd thought the worst of him and this was the second time he'd proved her wrong. Not that it would've mattered since it was Carlos and, to be fair, Stiles would've been within reason to alert the mechanic. 

Maybe she was still looking for a sign that this was all actually a mistake. 

And he just kept proving her wrong. Every time. 

Then again, third time's a charm.

"Yeah, I apologise. Everything is fine now. I... I think it was scouting out." She said, feeling very awkward telling Carlos about the soberdenatural. She briefly wondered if she had said too much and should've left it at 'everything is fine now.'

"That's fine." Carlos said. "Rico cut school and he's there now. He's actually working on the Jeep." Violeta frowned, surprised at this.

"I'll head there now." She said. "Stiles is under the impression that I'm the only one working on it." Carlos nodded and it was then that she realised that she hadn't visited Luis. "Is Luis awake? I've been intending to visit him but I was not sure if he was up for it."

"He just fell asleep." Carlos said, a sad and tired smile coming on his face. "He is very grateful for what you did. You saved his life."

"I am sure I did not."

"Yes you did. You acted quickly. If you didn't..." Carlos trailed off. He placed a hand on her shoulder. "I have never properly thanked you."

"Get me a new headset for the Jeep and you can consider whatever imagined debt you have paid for." Carlos smiled once more and she nodded, said goodbye and let the elder man walk back into his son's room.

As Violeta made her way to the lobby, she passed Melissa McCall. She pleasantly smiled at the nurse who hadn't said anything about her spending the entire school day here. Instead, she gave a bright smile and asked, "Are you going to the game tonight?"

Whilst she was hyper aware of said game, Violeta hadn't honestly ever considered the prospect of attending it. She shrugged. "Maybe."

"Okay well I hope to see you there!" Melissa said. Violeta nodded at the woman and left at that.

-

Twenty minutes later, she walked into Carlos' shop to see it quite busy. D-Bo was sitting with some others around a table, playing cards. Rico had his shirt off, left only in a singlet as he worked under the Jeep. Violeta did her rounds of saying hello to everyone before she made her way to Rico to ask about the car. Before she could, D-Bo got her attention.