quince.

"... Na-na-ra-na-na, I don't want her, girl, I want you, yeah! Kissing on your neck, leave a tattoo, ah! Oh you got bad moves? You don't gotta ask, I'm that dude ..."

"When you said you wanted to take me out as a thank you, I thought the movies or maybe a pizza... not a gay club."

"It's not a gay club."

Violeta stared at the boy in front of her. Luis was a boy whom she had scant real interaction until he got shot. Up until that fateful night, it had just been occasionally saying hello when she saw him around the shop. Which was rare since he didn't really care much for cars. Instead, much of the time she saw him was actually when she went shopping for new clothes.

She knew.

And she knew that being gay wasn't something most in the community had fully accepted.

"Well that is a shame since that guy there who looks like Chris Hemsworth was definitely checking you out." Luis' head whipped so fast that Violeta couldn't help but begin laughing. "And he says he is straight."

"Look, I, uh, this place is—" she stopped him when she placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled at him.

"It's okay Luis. It's okay." She shrugged her shoulders as she looked around. "I haven't been to club in a while and this is nice because I know no one will try to dry hump me or spike my drink."

"People actually try that?"

"Well, they usually do until they realise who I am." Violeta admitted. Luis laughed. "Come on, it's your first night out of hospital and I'm honoured you want to spend it with me. I'll buy you a drink!" She pulled him to the bar and chewed on her lip when the bartender smiled and called Luis by name, asking how he was.

"I, uh," Luis stammered when Violeta leaned agains the bar-top with a very amused look.

"Uh, huh." She said. She turned to the bartender after Luis ordered two cocktails and asked him to make them virgin. "What?" Luis asked, making it sound like what she had just asked was an outrage.

"You got out of hospital yesterday." She said with a pointed look.

"You said you were going to buy me a drink!"

"Non-alcoholic. You're underage."

"I know the bartender." Luis said. "Besides now I feel bad for you!"

"Don't." She said. "I don't drink." It wasn't that she was underage - family gatherings didn't really pay much attention to the drinking age limits. She could have a drink if she wanted to, just like everyone else. It was that Violeta had seen too much negative side effects of the drink to ever try it. When she explained that to Luis, the mood quickly turned sombre.

"But you know, I do want to try one of those coffee cocktails!" She said, sounding enthusiastic and hoping to lift Luis spirits and the mood once more. He threw a hand in the air and yelled out, "Woooooo!" To which Violeta began giggling at.

"By the way, I would like to say I chose very well." Luis said, looking Violeta up and down. When Violeta said she didn't have anything for a club, Tomei said she could borrow something of hers. Violeta didn't look that excited but Luis was very, very, excited at the prospect of dress up.

And he said he wasn't gay.

Surprisingly, Tomei and Luis had managed to get Violeta into a dress. Well it was more of a tight shirt that was slightly long at the bottom that it earned 'dress' status. When they mentioned heels, Violeta gave them both one her most 'murder-y looking' death glares. In the end, there was compromise of a pair of those Fenty platform sneakers that Luis got all excited about and began singing Rihanna as Violeta slipped them on.