ocho.

She walked across the ice, not even slipping in the slightest despite the fact that it was ice and she was wearing Nike Cortez sneakers.

Stiles had been sitting with Lydia, trying to be subtle in his Opposites Attract speech that he'd been rehearsing with Scott the ride over. His best friend had been such a pal, properly ignoring him and thinking too much about everything else and, of course, the fact that he was going to see Allison.

The couple had been acting all lovey dove when Lydia had suddenly and surprisingly agreed with Stiles on his Opposites Attract idea, making his heart speed up.

The Lydia looked at Scott and Allison and said how cute they were.

Oh.

His heart had just began to slow down when the doors opened and a hooded figure began walking in. However, Stiles' heart wasn't beating fast because of fear. It was the fact that Violeta Rodriguez  had actually agreed to come. He saw her, wearing the same track pants as earlier today but now paired with a bright orange hoodie and a large puffy jacket. Her hair was done in two long braids. 

One of which was being played with by the small child in her hands.

A small girl who had the same ethnic features as Violeta; olive skin, black hair and beautiful green eyes. However, the small girl had one mop of curly hair that bounced around her face. She looked pre-school age and Stiles floundered for a second.

"HI!" The child said in a loud voice, waving at everyone when she realised there were four other teens. "I'm Lola!"

"What are you doing here?" Lydia said in a voice that clearly showed her agitation. Violeta rolled her eyes, putting Lola down as the child ran off to Scott and Allison, asking who they were and how old they were and if they were married and what was their favourite food.

"Stiles invited me and my little cousin loves to skate so..." Violeta said quite smug. Lydia then turned on Stiles who became a deer in headlights. He stammered - as per usual - then held his hands up.

"I-I-I-I-I, uh, said if she was free... we-we, uh, we would be here and she could come here if she had nothing better to do." Stiles said, trying to appease Lydia... and pissing Violeta off in the process. She cooled her features, showing nothing. Nothing about how Stiles dismissal and denial of outright inviting her. So, she crossed her arms and scoffed. 

Stiles had the good decency to realise his fault before Violeta turned around. He heard her say something in Spanish to Lola who left Allison's lap and bounced after her, waving a goodbye to Allison and Scott. The child followed Violeta as she lifted her up to the bench and went around to find her size shoe. Scott and Allison finally stood up and went to the rink and Stiles watched as his best friend took his first step on the ice.

And slipped to land face first.

The sound of bubbling laughter filled the rink as everyone turned to look at the small child sat, a finger pointing at Scott as she leaned back in laughter. "He fell! Leta he fell! What a dumbo!"

"Yeah!" Stiles yelled out. "Dumbo!" Scott met eyes with Stiles who was still sitting, tying his shoes and gave him an unimpressed look. Allison helped him up and Stiles turned to the girl next to him to find that Lydia had already left him, skating like a pro around the rink. She looked like she was in her own world, doing a few spins here and there. Stiles sighed and decided to make his way over to Violeta to see if he could repair any damage done.

He paused when he saw Violeta bend down on her knees to tie up her cousin's shoelaces. While she was doing so, Lola played with her hair again, pulling at the two braids. It made Stiles falter, seeing a girl with such a hard reputation being at the mercy of a small child.