dieciocho.

"How's Violeta going?"

That was the one question everyone in Beacon Hills was asking one person.

Stiles Stilinski honestly did not understand how it all fell down to him. That the night of her death, two of the people closest to Violeta asked him to be take care of her. That was ignoring his run in with D-Bo who expressed the same sentiment and on behalf of all the crew. Everyone had charged Stiles with the unimaginably difficult task of helping Violeta through yet another death in her life.

But, it wasn't unimaginably difficult.

Everyone had told Stiles that she would push everyone away, which she did. They all said that she would let herself go, which she did. It wasn't that drank or smoked or did any drugs, it was the lack of sleep and general lack of self-care. Stiles could only work through calling and messaging Violeta with the reminders to eat, to go to sleep, to stay on the phone with her for hours until Tomei picked up Violeta's phone one time and told him to just come to their place and gave him the address.

So now Stiles was always at her place.

It was a nice little house. A little run-down but it was a pleasant home that Stiles could tell Tomei had tried her best with. Peculiar pieces of Ikea furniture mixed with Persian rugs that covered every inch of the floor and paintings Tomei did in her spare time were notable features. Well, that and the depressed teenager who stood there when he first walked in. With a sigh, he saw her red-rimmed eyes and closed the distance between them and hugged her tight.

And she let him.

Which is why it was not unimaginably difficult. Violeta did everything everyone would say. She grieved and she did it in the most Violeta way of lashing out and cussing in several languages— if she was speaking. She didn't go to school and she didn't accept people who wanted to come over and offer their condolences. The latter was often a point of argument between her and Tomei, saying that she had to now since it was her duty.

To which Violeta would prompt say "Fuck duty and fuck off," in Spanish, and get up from the dinner table with a slam. Tomei would sigh and look at Stiles who offered an awkward smile and scrambled out of his seat after her.

Yes, Stiles Stilinski was having dinner at Violeta Rodriguez' house. He was also driving there after school to check up on her. Sometimes, he even drove there from school.

Yes, Stiles Stilinski was sleeping at Violeta Rodriguez' house. His father of course knew what had happened and was thus allowing it due to circumstance. He knew Stiles truly cared for her with how much time his son was spending with her. The nights when Stiles came home and Noah asked the question everyone asked, Stiles would sleepily nod and say what progress he had made.

"I got her to sleep three hours."

"I got her to eat an entire bowl of cereal."

"I got her to not punch the post man in the face after her told her sorry for the fifteenth time."

Then Noah would hear what Stiles was doing with Violeta. How he let her teach him to bake one night when he woke up and saw elbow deep in dough, saying she wanted to make bread from scratch. Then there was that morning he found her Googling how to self-teach the Korean script. Stiles swore she was a genius by how it was lunchtime and she was writing his English essay in hangul.

"How was Violeta doing?"

People in school asked him. Scott and Allison would ask and Stiles knew they were getting desperate and needed her help with the kanima but after seeing how adamant Stiles was to leave her out of it, Scott said 'okay' and made sure no one brought up asking her about it again.