Marriage?

"We're getting married," I blurted out at dinner while Eli tried to comfort my trembling leg.

My mother's mouth hung open while my father gave me a blank stare. Eli and I had wanted to get married as soon as possible and my parents were the only ones who didn't know. After weeks of thinking about ways to tell them both we decided to just tell them straight up.

"For what?" My dad munched on his salad, his beard gathering bits of lettuce while he glared at Eli. Probably suspecting that he dragged me into this.

I rolled my eyes knowing that my father was going to make a big deal about this, "Dad stop trying to intimidate Eli. This is a mutual agreement."

He glanced between us both, growing more suspicious. "But...why?", he said in between sips of wine.

"Dear, this is what-" my mother began to interrupt but Dad was having none of it.

Dad dropped his fork, allowing it to clatter violently against his plate, startling us all. "You both are so young. I really don't see any reason for the both of you to get married so quickly. So, would you like to explain to me, Eli, why you are so eager to marry my daughter?"

"Dad it really isn't a big deal! I want to marry Eli and-" I was silenced by my dad's hand.

"Brianna, I asked Eli. Not. You."

I sighed heavily, harshly gripping Eli's hand under the table while he squeezed it back in reassurance.

"Mr. Andrews, I promise that this is something both Brianna and I want. Marriage is taken very seriously in our pack and always follows before or after the mating bond-"

"THE WHAT?" My father roared, shaking all the plates and silverware. "S-since when did this happen? I thought you two were taking things slow. Y-you're still kids. I don't like this at all!"

I groaned and buried my face into my hands. I don't know what I expected. Of course my father would lose his mind. I'm his only child and he's an overprotective parents. Nothing I tell him about Eli and I's relationship will ever sit well with him, not even when we are 45 years old with three kids.

"Dad," I reached out and took his hand in mine. "I love you. I love the both of you so much. And I know that you are really worried about me and don't want me to get hurt but...I think it's time you let me go."

Dad frowned as he focused his gaze onto his half empty dinner plate. My mother rubbed his arm and nodded as she listened to what I had to say.

"It's not like I'm leaving forever. I'm still going to be a ten minute drive away and Eli even said you can move into his pack house as well. I'm sure Justin and Derek wouldn't mind." My dad finally looked up from his plate, eyes full of sadness.

Hesitantly Eli reached his hand out and placed it over mine, "Mr. and Mrs. Anderson, I promise to take care of Brianna but I would never keep from you both. I plan on marrying Brianna but I also want us to become family."

"Honey," My mother stroked my father's hair. "You can't be hard on them for this. It is what mates do. It is what they're meant to do."

Heavy heartedly my father meet my eyes, silently giving in, "I guess you're right. But Eli, you have to promise me that you're going to take care of my little girl. If she gets hurt again...I don't know what I'll do."

Adoringly Eli caressed my face, "Mr. Anderson that's one thing we can agree on. I wouldn't know  what to do if I hurt her either."

-

"Ooh come out Brianna! Let us see it!" My mom called out while giggling with Eli's mother.

I waddled out in an entirely too puffy dress that squeezed the life out of me and had an excessive amount of lace. As I walked out Andrea, Chloe, and Phoebe stifled their laughter.