Epilogue

"You ready," Eli adjusted the black tie that matched his all black suit. It was custom that the future Luna and Alpha wore all black during the induction ceremony. Following Paisley's birth, finishing up school was hard but my mom and dad did their best to take care of her during the day. School had ended mid-May which meant that Paisley didn't have to spend all of her first month on Earth away from her parents. As soon as school ended, Eli was desperate to get the ceremony over with, eager to spend the rest of his days with his baby girl.

I fixed the strap to my simple black sundress, "Yup. Let's do this."

Eli took my hand, grasping it tightly as we descended down the stairs to the common room. Most of Eli's pack, that would also become mine, was waiting for the long anticipated induction ceremony.

A pack elder sat patiently at a prepared stage that was elevated so that most people could get a good look at us. I had only witnessed one induction ceremony, Justin's, but from what Eli had told me they weren't the same at all.

Slightly nervous I followed Eli up the steps to the stage. We stopped in front of the elder who told us to kneel on the two, ancient looking, cushions.

The elder began to smash ingredients that I couldn't recognize into a bowl before scooping it into a small, rusty chalice. He poured what appeared to be water, mixing the ingredients as the water turned a red wine color.

He muttered some words so quietly that it was barely audible. Eli had told me that this part was a custom, where the elders spoke about exiting of the old Alpha or Luna and the arrival of a new one. Then he pushed the chalice towards, the scent of the mixture was off putting but still bearable. Eli took a sip from the cup, grimacing at the taste.

"Sip from the same side," he offered to cup towards me, using his sleeve to get rid of the liquid on his lips.

I looked out onto the crowd, my mom at the very front of the stage, holding Paisley who dressed in matching black clothes. Whether I liked it or not, Eli's people have been dying to see this very moment, where Eli's ascends to the Alpha position with his mate.

I took the chalice, making share I placed my lips where Eli's had been. I swallowed a bit of the drink, trying my hardest not to gag at the sour taste. As soon as I returned the cup to the pack elder the rest of the pack rejoiced. People cheered and clapped their hands. With the approval of his pack, Eli drew me in with a kiss, softly massaging my lips with his. "Love you," he whispered as he returned to his spot.

"I know present Luna Brianna and Alpha Eli!" the pack elder dipped his hands into the chalice and let the liquid fall over our heads. Yes, very different from Justin's simple oath that allowed him to inherit the Alpha position. But nevertheless, this was apart of Eli's ways, something that was now mine, something I now embraced.

The ceremony ended as soon as members of the pack started to drift towards the buffet tables. Eli tucked me into his side as we made our way towards Paisley and my parents. Delighted to see my daughter, I held her close in my arms, observing her long lashes. "Hey there gorgeous. Did grandma take care of you?"

Paisley gurgled joyfully, her small legs kicking my arm. I thanked my parents for watching Paisley for the first couple weeks and floated around with Eli as he introduced me to family and visiting pack leaders.

As the sky darkened pack members were retiring back to their rooms. I said goodbye to my parents while Eli offered to put Paisley down to sleep so that I could shower. Once I got to our room I jumped into the shower, rinsing out my hair and scrubbing the day away. I toweled off and dressed in a night gown before harshly brushing the unpleasant after taste of whatever was in the cup out of my mouth.

When I left the bathroom Eli was already in bed waiting for me. He was smirking at me in all of his shirtless glory, holding the covers open for me to slip under.

"Mmm," he groaned as he nuzzled into my neck. "You smell so good."

I giggled, "I would hope so. I just took a shower."

He nosed at the mating mark at the side of my neck, "I mean yeah but, you smell so good." Eli nibbled at the mark, sending electricity through my body.

"Eli," I sighed. "You just put her down to sleep."

"She's a heavy sleeper," he slipped the strap of the night gown off my shoulder. "I'm sure she'll be fine."

"Yeah but maybe we shou-"

"Let's make another one," Eli suggested as his hand slipped under the gown.

"What?!" I jumped up to look at him properly. "Absolutely not."

He pouted at me with puppy eyes, "Why not?" The hand under my pajamas stroked my sides, sending shivers down my spine.

"Because," I whined. "You have a literal child in the room next to us."

Eli pushed up the gown exposing my belly, placing a kiss right above my belly button. "And now we can have two."

I scowled at him, attempting to push the gown down, "I don't think so."

Instead Eli grabbed my hips and tugged me closer to him so that he was hovering over him, trapped between his arms. "Okay, how about in a year or two?"

"M-maybe," I gasped as his fingers played between my legs.

"Maybe?" Eli teased as he tugged off his boxers.

I squeaked as he ground against me, "Okay, yeah sure! In a year or two!" I laughed, throwing my arms around his back and pulling him into a messy kiss.

"I mean," he groaned into my mark. "Since you asked."