Baby

I woke up late with my back pressed into Eli's chest. His heavy arm which was draped over my tummy loosened it's hold as I stretched. As my joints popped from last night's events I moaned in relief.

"Just relax," Eli nuzzled into my hair. "We don't have to leave until the afternoon."

I always imagined the night after my first time to be romantic. Beginning the day off with breakfast in bed and spending the rest of the day lounging around however that wouldn't be possible. There was an unpleasant musk hanging in the air and my skin felt sticky due to sweat, nothing like the fantasy I had played out in my mind.

Removing Eli's arm I sat on the edge of the bed, tugging a blanket away from his grip and wrapping it around my bare body. Looking at the digital clock on the bedside table I saw that it was two in the afternoon. "Oh my gosh Eli its past twelve. I'm taking a shower and then we have to get going!"

"Noo! I don't want too!" He whined childishly while thrashing around on the bed.

Smiling I left Eli to get a few more minutes of sleep and trudged towards the bathroom. While waiting for the shower to warm up I caught a glimpse of my mating mark in the foggy mirror. My fingers delicately traced Eli's pack symbol, soon to be mine as well.

It was a satisfying feeling to finally complete the bond. Every emotion I felt that was linked to Eli was intensified by a thousand whether it was pain, love or lust. To be away from Eli for extensive periods of time would be stressful and ensuring his happiness became part of my nature. And although the mating bond came with a lot of responsibility it was also something to be proud of. The mark was an unspoken declaration of loyalty and commitment, it only made sense that Eli was so eager to complete the bond.

Stepping into the shower I sighed as the hot water soothed my aching muscles. I stood under the shower head for the longer than I needed, relishing in the refreshing feeling of having a clean body. As I shampooed my hair I heard an urgent knock at the door. 

"Just a minute!" I called out as I quickly rinsed my hair.

Trying to hurry up I decided on putting in a leave-in conditioner as soon as I got out the shower. With a towel secured under my arms I started to wash my face as a louder knock shook the door.

"Oh my gosh Eli!" I swung the door open with suds still on my face. "Just get in the shower now-"

"Evelyn is having the baby. Like now." He stood fully dressed with his phone screen facing me, showcasing the texts between him and Derek.

Our eyes met for a moment and without saying a word we rushed around the room throwing articles of clothing and products into our bags. Not letting me take a bag he ran out the car while counseling his brother on the phone. I added it to the list of things I loved about Eli, he cared so much about his family.

-

We had made it to the pack hospital after two hours thanks to Eli's consistent speeding. Not wasting a second he dragged me out of the car and through the glass doors. The receptionist at the front desk directed us to the third floor, the maternity wing.

Eli couldn't stop bouncing his knee as we waited the elevator, his anxious scent stuffing up the elevator.

"Aren't you nervous at all?" He asked rubbing some sweat off his brow. 

Eager to comfort him I caressed the mating mark on his neck that was identical to mine. "Of course I am but it won't help anyone to think negatively."

Immediately his scent dimmed down and his leg was no longer shaking. "You're right," He sighed grasping onto my hand. 

After weaving through multiple hallways we were able to spot Derek pacing the hall while Chloe, Phoebe, William and Andrea sat in the hall.

"Where the hell have you two been?" Andrea yelled, bringing unwanted attention.

Eli shot me an amused smile and motioned towards his brother. Nodding I returned my attention to Andrea who practically had steam seeping throw her ears.

"We were taking one of those weekend vacations," I explained. "When did she go into labor. I didn't expect this...I never knew her due date."

Andrea led me over to one of the plastic chairs outside of the room, "They went to the hospital around five in the morning. Justin was hysterical but Derek seemed a bit...distant at first."

Derek never seemed fully okay with Evelyn having Justin's baby but he did his best to be supportive. It wasn't his fault, hell I could barely handle the idea when I was with Justin, if Eli had told me he was having a child with someone else I would have lost my mind.

"Is that what I think it is?" Andrea suddenly whispered into my ear, pointing to the marking on my neck.

Shyly I rubbed my neck, looking away in embarrassment.

Squealing Andrea took my hands into her's, "I can't believe it! You're official now!"

"Now just make sure you two always use protection or else you'll end up like those idiots," She murmured while staring at the window.

"Protection..." I tried to think back to last night, attempting to recall every detail but nothing came up.

Frowning Andrea stared right into my eyes, "Don't tell me..."

Shaking my head I began to form some type of explanation, "I'm sure we did I just can't remem-"

Before I could finish Justin opened the door dressed in scrubs and a hair net. A big grin was plastered on his face as he informed us that a couple of people could come in. Following Derek and Eli into the room I saw an exhausted Evelyn in the hospital bed and a small bassinet to her side.

There wrapped in a light pink blanket was the baby. Justin scooped the bundle into his arms to show us, "Its a girl!"

She was fast asleep and sporting a tuft of blonde hair. She had a cute button nose, long eye lashes and freckles. The only thing she shared with her mother.

Hesitantly Derek reached out to hold her. From the corner of my eye I saw Evelyn glance at Derek only to scoff and look away.

"Does Evelyn want to spend time with the baby?" I lowered my voice ask I questioned Justin.

"Eh," Justin pressed his lips together. "She refuses to hold her. Won't even give her a name."

"Oh I didn't know-"

Eli firmly grabbed my shoulder as Justin went back to look at his daughter. Hugging me from the side Eli planted a kiss on cheek, "Don't they look like a family. We should  have one soon too."

His tone implied that he was joking but I knew a small part of him meant it. To avoid making a scene I laughed it off but if Eli was lucky, he might not have to wait long to have a child of his own.