Moving On

I spent the entire weekend with Andrea, Chloe and Phoebe. I haven't contacted my parents and informed them about my current situation. I haven't made an effort to do much except forget. Forget about Justin and Evelyn and the baby because now they really weren't significant in my life. Heavy thunder made me jump from the left side of Andrea's bed at around six in the morning. It really wasn't inconvenient since we eventually would have to get up anyway. Chloe and Phoebe were on an old air mattress that Andrea had pulled out of her closet. Right above them was Andrea's large window that looked out onto the street. I stared at the gray sky. It wasn't a dark gray, would that was kind of suffocating, not the usual one during intense thunderstorms. Yet, it wasn't a soft gray either, one after a light shower where maybe you would see a rainbow. No, it was in between, it wasn't satisfying you couldn't tell if it would progress into a storm or if it would lighten up and the sun would come out. It was kind of funny, it strongly reflected my mood. Maybe I would never get over what Justin did to me or maybe I could pull myself together and focus just on me. It was too early to know though, time would tell. I examined the drops on the window left from the rain. I had stayed that what for ten or fifteen minutes when Andrea tapped my shoulder.

"Brianna, I think we should probably start getting ready now, yeah?"

I nodded my head. I wasn't angry at her, I could never be. But when I was left to my own thoughts I couldn't resist thinking about how ignorant I have been over the past few days. What was I doing?  

Avoiding Justin at school was very easy. It seemed he knew that he had to keep his distance which didn't make my job hard at all. However, lunch was a different story. Vivian sat with a couple other of our friends but unexpectedly, Justin's friends were sitting there too. It's normal for all of us to sit together but I figured Justin would have suggested we sit separately today. We joined them at the table. The chatter died quickly once I sat down, I received worried looks and glances from others around the table.

"Brianna, we know about you and Justin." Ryan, a friend of Justin gave me soft smile of encouragement.

I smiled back, "Don't worry, I will be alright."

Others nodded around the table. "Just know that you can talk to us", William, another friend of Justin, said.

My smile became even bigger due to the support I was receiving. "Thanks."

After that, lunch was the usual. We all enjoyed each other's company and I forgot about Justin for a good forty minutes. Around the end of lunch I began to wonder where he was. Scanning the lunch room he was no where to be seen and there weren't other places you were allowed to eat in the school. In fact the school was a bit overpopulated. Over the next couple of months, our pack would move to a different district, with a bigger school and it would be closer to the council and other packs. This made the Alpha's job easier, it made Justin's job easier.

"He is with the girl. What's her name? Evelyn? They left to get lunch somewhere else", Ryan said.

"Oh, ok."

Andrea patted my leg under the table and before she could move it away I grabbed her hand and squeezed it. For the rest of lunch I laid my head on her shoulder, just thinking about what I would do now.

~~~

The first week after I left Justin's house I stayed with Andrea but after, I figured I should tell my parents. My mother told me to come home immediately. That I needed to stop carrying this heavy burden by myself and let my mother comfort me. My father, infuriated by the actions of the future Alpha, almost lost his cool and insisted that he show Justin what happens "when he messes with his little girl". But I convinced him that Justin did apologize multiple times and him physically harming the Alpha's son wouldn't do him any good.

Throughout the month I became less tense and stopped thinking about what had happened. In fact Justin and I had began to talk again after he came up to me one day and asked if we could talk.

"Brianna, I know you can't forgive what I did but you were still one of my best friends before this. I can't imagine you leaving. And, and I know what I did was wrong but you don't understand there is just something about me. And if I could tell you I would but I don't know how you would react. And I just, I just really wish you can at the least talk to me. Just a little bit. Please I'm begging you, plea-", Justin was crying, no, sobbing. He was really hurting, I could see it. Of course I was skeptical, I didn't want to fall into the same trap but it was evident that something was really wrong with him.

"Justin it's ok. Alright, it's ok we can talk, we can be friends or whatever. But, what exactly is that "something"?", I asked.

He sighed in relief. "I can't tell, not yet, soon I promise."

I let it go. I wasn't up for fighting with him at that moment.

After those two weeks, we had returned to our friend status. Not best friends because I was still paranoid that he would try something. Though, I started to doubt his interest in being more than friends. He seemed preoccupied with his phone most of the time, always checking as if he was expecting someone to answer him. I knew there was something going on with him,but I thought it would be best if I left it alone.

A good month had gone by since we talked and everything was back to normal. Well, as normal as it could be. Towards the end of the month, Justin would get called into meetings regarding the move that would be more convenient. To my knowledge, the pack was pretty excited. Everyone knew everyone in the pack, it would be fun to get to know other werewolves outside of our pack. It also meant, people had a better chance at finding their mate earlier. Finding my mate was on my mind from time to time, but I didn't want to pressure myself into finding "another mate" so soon. I wouldn't mind it though. Finally finding my real mate but I just didn't want to convince myself that it was necessary that I be mated quickly.

"Andrea?" We were working on homework at her house after school. Chloe and Phoebe were supposed to come too but they had to help their parents pack for the move. Justin sat cross legged on the floor next to the bed while Andrea was busy at her desk. My stuff was scattered across Andrea's bed, preventing anyone from joining me.

"Eh?", she grunted as she stuffed her face with the chips next to her notebook.

"Do you think?... Do you anything about the packs where we are moving?" I was curious about where we were moving. This feeling has been nagging me for quite a while but I couldn't identify it.

"Why would you ask her!" Justin shot up from the floor shooting me a dirty look.

"Hey! I know stuff!"

"So... do you know anything or not?", I said impatiently.

"Um, uh, well, a little.", Justin rubbed his neck. "There are three, wait maybe four other packs. Alphas are either our age or a bit older. Three male alphas and one female I believe but that could be wrong. All of them are pretty well off so the area should be nice. That's all I got from the meetings though, my dad deals with the money related things."

"Oh, ok that's cool." I was a little disappointed that he couldn't tell me more. I decided not to worry about it, in a couple of weeks we will move in and maybe I will understand why I'm so curious.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Andrea's screech. By my observation. those two were bickering again and it made me relieved that we could all get along again like the old times.