Trust

The following day I went out to lunch with Andrea. At the moment, I didn't really want to talk to Justin. Even if I did talk to him, I wouldn't know what to say.  So here I was, sitting near the window at a local coffee shop, waiting for Andrea to arrive. We always had lunch here on Saturdays and Andrea was always late. I was becoming restless when I heard the chair from across my table screech across the floor. Andrea's cheeks were flushed and she had sweat across her forehead.

"Did you run a marathon before meeting me?", I laughed.

"Haha, very funny.", she replied,"My alarm didn't go off, so when my mom woke me up I realized I had to go meet you."

I rolled my eyes,"Jesus Andrea, it's almost one in the afternoon, what time do you usually get up on the weekends?"

She shrugged,"Usually around twelve on a good day, if I really want to sleep, you won't see me until three o'clock. But,enough about me, because I want to now all about this Evelyn who is trying to steal your man."

I was more than happy to spill all the details about Evelyn. Andrea has advice for any situation and I knew she would be able to inform on what I should do. I didn't realize how important it was to talk to someone about how I felt right now until I was having this conversation with Andrea. She was fully engaged in everything I was saying and not once did she interrupt me. I don't know what I would do without this girl.

"Wow", Andrea gasped,"I'm lost for words. Is Evelyn really that bitchy? To be honest, if it were me, I would've put that girl on a plane and shipped her overseas, but I know how much you looked forward to living your life with Justin. Justin wants to keep the baby and you would do anything for him.Correct?"

I nodded my head in agreement.

"Then you need to realize your self worth. Brianna, he got another girl pregnant! You should be furious, you should be giving him hell. If you want to stay with him, fine, that's your decision, but  you also need to make sure that you won't take shit from him or Evelyn. Stand your ground, make him earn your trust, give Evelyn a piece of your mind. Brianna, Justin is my friend, but I'm not going to sit here and watch you get hurt. Remember Bri, I'm here for you, and so are all your friends." Andrea reached across the table and grabbed my hand. She gave me a reassuring smile and we continued our lunch.

On the car ride home, the only thing I could think of was how quickly I agreed to marrying Justin. What was I thinking. He has been lying and going out behind my back and I let him get away with all of it. I glanced at the giant diamond on my finger. I scrunched my nose at it. Before I knew it, I had arrived at the house. I unlocked the door to reveal most of the lights turned off and no sign of life. I threw my purse and keys on the kitchen counter. Justin's keys were gone and I assume Evelyn is with him or she went out as well.

I made my way upstairs, into Justin and I's room. I jumped onto the bed, then rolled on my back and stared at the ceiling. I observed the ring, looking at the design and cut of it. Justin had to spend thousands of dollars on it, which made me feel bad about what I was going to do. I needed Justin to know that I wasn't going to be bullied into accepting Evelyn into our home. If Evelyn was respectful, nice and was here for her child only, there wouldn't be a problem. Evelyn craved more than the well being of her child, she wanted to feel loved, but attempting to seduce my mate wasn't the right answer.

I decided to call my mother, considering I didn't answer most of her questions last night. I ended the call in a hurry, not wanting to deal with my mother's drama,although I couldn't blame her. She immediately picked up, throwing hundreds of questions at me.

"Mom,mom please calm down. Yes, I will answer all your questions, just please, calm down.",I promised.

"Brianna, how could you not tell me Justin got another girl pregnant. I thought we told each other everything, honey."