Break It Up

Cody's POV

I have been on a phone call to this girl for almost an hour now. She keeps telling me about how her relationship with her boyfriend is messed up and how she should just go find another man to settle down with.

For this whole hour I was thinking maybe I should say something.

Maybe I should just you know... ask her out?

She was chatting about how her boyfriend isn't texting back.

So I mumbled "Hey Polly, why don't you just break the relationship up?... I... I can treat you so much better than what he can..."

Polly giggles quietly "Cody, I love you like a brother. You're an amazing friend who has such a lovely heart. You're always there for me when I need you and you just feel like a brother to me codes!"

Faking a laugh, I felt my heart drop so slowly I said "Oh yeah... I was only kidding anyways..."

She gasps "He's texted me back finally! Jackson said sorry! Awh... Cody I'm going to go and speak to him now. I'll talk to you soon! Loves you..."

Mumbling trying to be happy for her I said "Alright... I'll see you soon..."

Immediately, she hangs up and left me speaking to myself.

Sighing, I wrapped myself up in blankets and got comfy in my bed. That night I ended up crying myself to sleep...

I was friend zoned...