I Think It's Arrogance

Zach's POV

Calmly trying to take a sip of my warm coffee, I kept glaring over at my phone, hoping that my girlfriend would update me on where she was and when she's going to get back home. 

I flicked through my socials seeing that Ems has put something on her story, so I quickly clicked on that hoping it would calm my nerves down a bit. But it didn't, it was only advertising one of her makeup brands, she recently got sponsored from. She's always getting sponsors, she has quite the following and is always posting new brands and makeup ideas to her socials.

I sighed, I just needed to know if she was okay. She's constantly out but never messages me to say when she is coming home or who she is with... She's addicted to partying.

As I was inside my head I heard the door being fiddled with like someone was trying to put the keys in to open the door. I got up and opened the door seeing her, Ems. This was early for her, it's only 10:43 pm, she usually gets home just after 3 in the morning.

She smiled as if nothing was wrong and stumbled into the kitchen asking, "What have we got for dinner?"

Following her, I looked at her, "I didn't cook you any dinner... I thought you would have stayed out later than this... You don't message me what you're doing, so how was I meant to know what you were going to do for food?" I slightly mumbled but made sure it was loud enough for her to hear.

Giggling, she cuddled into me hiccuping with every word she said, "Zach, I do try and message you, but you're just too serious. Let yourself loose, have a bit of fun every once in a while. Just try not to worry, it's pretty easy."

Pretty easy to not worry? That's stupid. I slightly held her so that she kept her balance and wouldn't fall. Almost breaking in tears, I said "Take a look at yourself and learn you're a problem... You make my anxiety ten times worse because I have to spend every night of the week worrying where you have been and who you have been with because you don't tell me... I just can't deal with the partying every day and the worrying my emotions have to deal with... It hurts. It's no good for my mental state or my body."

She didn't really look like she listened to my small rant, but she smiled up at me whispering, "Like I said just loosen up a bit and don't worry."

I could have screamed or punched a wall, but instead I looked at her hoping she would understand one last time, "Look, I worry because I have no idea who you are going out with, partying with, where you are going, or what time you are going back. It just means I have to stay up all night to be able to let you in at whatever time you knock on the door because you'll end up too drunk to open it with your own keys."

But I was wrong on thinking she would have understood. Instead, she smiled telling me, "Well, today I went out with Connor for a few drinks. Then we went back to his place, I gave him that 20 bucks because..." She giggled in between, "Never mind, you don't need to know why. But then I came back here, and now I'm here with you. Does that stop your worrying now?"

A million questions were flying through my head, but I bluntly said "How many guys do you go out drinking with?"

She looked at her hands as she counted on her fingers and mumbled her counting, "7...8...9...10" it continued until 16, I was honestly shocked that she hasn't told me she's been going out with men behind my back. 

Looking at her, I sighed mumbling "16?... That's a lot... Why?... Why don't you tell me?"

She puts a finger to my mouth "wait there's someone else... or a few more" she smiled beginning to count again.

I looked at her shaking my head saying, "If you drop another name..."