Different Songs

Cody's POV

I was crashed on the sofa just chilling at home, watching some sort of horror movie. Seen as if Kandra was here, she would be screaming at every little jumpscare.

But as the movie was starting to finish, I looked at the time.

It was 11pm.

Kandra said she would only be a few hours and she left at 7... She was at a new pub with a few of her close friends but they was all single and trying to get a partner... So why was Kandra always invited to these sort of relationship meetings.

We been dating for a few years but it just seems like we grown more far apart since we moved in together.

I'm really thinking off breaking it... I seen her messages with other guys about how I'M just here to support her. But I just wasn't ready to tell her what I knew... I shouldn't have been looking at her phone.

I was stuck in my thoughts for what seemed like a year but was actually just an hour.

At exactly 12:07, Kandra walked through the door, expect she wasn't as drunk as what she usually is.

Kandra smiled as soon as she saw me. Then came and sat by me on the sofa.

She gently kissed my cheek and softly said "Remember that song... you know the one where it was playing and we bumped into each other on the dance floor at that pub..."

Nodding, I said "Yeah it was When I was your man by Bruno Mars"

Kandra shook her head "No it wasn't Bruno Mars. It was something by... oh what's her name..." and then she started to hum a random tune.

I looked at her confused, she must be lieing. She knew it was that song.

Slowly I mumbled "Are you cheating on me?"

She instantly hugs me "No! No Brendon... I would never... I mean Cody... I would never cheat on you. I love you."

Raising my voice, I shouted "Who the hell is Brendon!?"

Quietly she mumbles "He... He's just a bar tender."

"That's it! I had it with all these little lies! I know you been hooking up with randoms while your still in this relationship. But that's it. I'm done!" I shouted as I ran out the house.

Tears was running down my face but I was done with her. I need to start fresh.