End In Tragedy

Maxx's POV

(Warnings of alcohol)

It was quite late into the evening, the clock was just about to chime for 11 pm, but it was too noisy to be heard from our local pub with all the chatter and singing. It still surprises me how so many people are here on a Monday evening... Surely they got jobs to go to tomorrow morning, or maybe they would have if this city wasn't going down hill with unemployment and the living costs rising.

Getting up from the worn out chair, I walked towards the bar, placing my hand on the sticky table-top. Gross, but what do you expect from a pub. Calling over the bartender, I said "Another pint please mate."

He looked at me with a slightly judgmental face, mumbling "That's the 6th this evening..." He began to pour my pint as I placed 3 dollars up on the till.

As I took the poured glass I nodded "Thanks" I said walking towards my table. However, as I sat down I noticed my empty glasses, six empty glasses... I needed to get home before this monster awakes inside of me... Before the alcohol overtakes myself... Before it can control me.

Whenever I drink I look at these photos, half of them are faded, but it's the few photos I have left of that relationship. It ended in tragedies with us arguing day in and day out. She couldn't handle it anymore, so she got up and left. I feel like the alcohol cancels out my pain, but when I drink this much I can only feel my heart tearing into two. People say that I would get over her, feel less pain as the weeks go on, but it's been months, almost a year... I still want her back in my arms.

Getting up, sighing I left my drink on the table, walking out the door. The sky was pitch black with only a few stars in the sky, the streetlights were dim and nobody was to be seen for a mile. I presumed I was walking fine, but I did slip up a few times, almost hitting my head on a lamp from not seeing it. My vision was slightly blurred, but I could still notice what was happening around me... Not much.

As I was heading towards home a white car drove towards me, it had tinted windows which was blocking my view of seeing who was inside the mysterious car. They began to pull into the road beside, me unrolling the window down, there were a blonde women who was smiling at me.

"Hey, you want a lift? Or maybe we could head out for a few drinks or maybe something else?" She said, smiling looking me up and down.

Shaking my head, I tried to avoid eye contact because I know the alcohol in my system would try to pull me towards her,

"I'm fine, thank you I just need to get home... I really don't want this night to end in tragedy... I'm already drunk, and I just don't want to make it any worse." I mumbled, trying not to puke up.

"Oh okay." She said with a disappointing look on her face. She might have wanted me to feel bad so that I would get a lift, but I carried on walking towards home.

I didn't need anyone feeling sorry for me, I just need her back. But for now I open my door and sat down on the sofa because I don't want to get myself into any trouble.

Sighing, I picked up a photograph of me and her, it was at our first date on the local beach... We were so happy. Rummaging around the cupboard drawers I grabbed a lighter pointing it at the photograph mumbling "Tonight will end in tragedy..."