For You Forever

Maxx's POV

I was sat down in the middle of the park, sat by Brie. We was on a date, I had invited her but today I was going to ask her out.

Softly I took her hand and stood up. She smiled at me and stood up as well.

As soon as we was both standing, I led her over to the lake. It was peaceful over here; the cherry blossoms was blooming and the ducks was gliding along the water.

Just the right amount of peace. Not to loud or not to quiet.

We sat down on a bench, by the cherry blossoms and the lake.

The wind was soft and blew a few petals off of the trees. While the ducks quietly quacked out a conversation.

Fiddling with Brie's hand as she smiled at me, I smiled back and said "Hey Brie... We been friends for a couple of years now and... I asked you out many of times but... you said you wasn't ready but... do you feel like your'e ready to date now?"

Brie's smile dropped down to a frown "I'm not sure Maxx... James just started to text me back... and I really like him but then I really like you... I'm just not ready to decide yet."

Of course, everyone I would probably try and date would rather go back with their exs. Love being the back up plan or second choice.

Standing up, my happiness just dropped and hit a wall. I was angry, not at anyone but just at myself.

Trying to act calm but I slowly began to shout "Thanks for making me feel like your second choice. I been there when you was at your lowest moments and I helped you through them... And now you say you don't know if you should get back with your ex? Well I'm done... I won't wait for you forever... It's for the better... if I just leave you alone."

Brie was close to tears but she mumbles "Maxx please... I don't mean it like that.."

But I shouted back as I began to walk away "No Brie! ... I'm leaving... Goodbye!"