Third Wheel

Cody's POV 

(Warning abusive relationship)

I have been on this call for a few hours with Lola, she's been my best friend since birth, and I've had a huge crush on her since high-school but just been terrified to ask her out, plus she's got a boyfriend anyways...

She mumbled on the phone "Another mental break down saves the day... Thanks Codes, you're always here for me."

Smiling I said "You're very welcome, it's always lovely chatting to you. It makes the hours fly by."

Lola was just about to say something but quickly stopped. I was about to question it, but I heard her boyfriend shouting "Who are you talking to now? Better not be that Cody idiot again!"

I flinched as I heard the voice echo right through me, Lola stayed silent not answering his question, but I felt like that only angered him more than I could hear him stomping his feet closer to the phone.

Lola mumbled quietly "Cody I'm going to go... I'll...uh... see you soon..."

I tried to speak to say bye, but she hanged up the call before I could even say the first letter.

Getting up, I took my phone off charge pacing down my hallways. I couldn't just leave her there, who knows what he would do if he found out we were talking... He hates when I talk to her...

I needed to go and stop him... To save her from this relationship.

Quickly grabbing my shoes and putting my coat on, I ran towards her house. It was a 30-minute journey in a car, so it was probably double the time with me running.

Knocking on her door, I was out of breath, cold, and tired. It was flooding with rain and I could feel a cold coming through.

The house was quiet... Almost to quiet until I saw him open the door. He glared "What are you doing here? I told you that you were not allowed to step anywhere near her or this place." He spoke directly looking at me.

I looked into his eyes slightly shaking but said "I'm gonna get my baby tonight..."