Ashley's Song

Zach's POV

(Warning toxic relationships)

It was a Monday morning, I was strumming along on my guitar, waiting for a message from the group chat to say where we were practicing today. Usually it's at Cody's flat, but we do switch it up a bit because it helps us all with writer's block, new layouts and locations help even if it's the slightest change.

As I was strumming along to a small tune, Bee, my girlfriend walked into my small music room. She looked at me trying to signal that she was on the phone, meaning I had to leave the guitar alone. I rested my guitar on its stand and said, "Who are you speaking to?" Just asking a harmless question and was intrigued about if it's a work call or if she's chatting to one of her friends.

She looked around and gave me a look. mumbling "what don't you get? I'm on the phone and have asked you to be quiet."

Nodded, I walked into the living room and sat on the sofa. I sometimes wondered why I'm still here. With a toxic relationship where I have no say in nothing. But then anywhere is better than me living on my own, I guess. It was much better when I was living with the boys, but since everyone has got into a relationship they wanted their own place to have more alone time. I can't say I'm not happy their relationships are going great... I just wish mine was to...

I love her so much it's just that she loves to start an argument over the littlest things that happened. Like yesterday she shouted at me because I forgot to take the bins out. I still took the bins out after she told me and the bins got cleaned it's not like they wasn't cleaned and left for weeks. It can be stressful living with her.

Sometimes I just wish I could block her out of my life. Just get rid of this toxic relationship and start fresh off somewhere new. But I can't... She means the world to me, I can't just get up and leave her just like that. I just need to stand up for myself sometimes, but I don't want to hurt her...

But sometimes I just need to go and escape but I fear through time and loneliness I found clarity, which I will choose to release on the world through insanity... Maybe I would go insane...