143

(Mentions alcohol)

Cody's POV

Finally I have had a boost of confidence to ask Kim out. She's been my best friend since high-school, I accidentally bumped into her and that's how our friendship started. But before I became friends with her, I had always seen her in the hallways and had a slight crush on her. That crush has only developed into a bigger crush. Today I have finally asked her out for a few drinks down the local bar. It's only a cheap local bar, but I haven't got much income coming in, and it's a nice pub serving cheap alcohol.

It was a Tuesday night, no work tomorrow, just dance until the night turns to dawn. We arrived at 6:46 pm, and I kindly got the first drinks. We talked and laughed all night until I dragged her onto the dance floor. The band was playing some sort of pop music, not much my style, but we will have to go with it. We danced until midnight, that was when are legs got tired, and we were about to collapse.

"Thank you for the dance" I smiled, muffling out of breath.

She smiles back, looking over at the bar, "Care for another drink? The round is on me."

I nodded, "Would you like me to help you carry them?"

She shakes her head getting up "No, I'm fine. I can manage it." she smiles, walking towards the bar.

I was waiting for what seemed like hours, but was actually 20 minutes. Turning to see where Kim went, I saw her chatting to another male. My anger boiled, she was out with me, not him, why is she chatting to some random guy at the bar. I have loved this woman since I was 13 years old, she should have noticed it by now, but no... It's my fault, I was too shy to ask her out. I could have had the chance to be dating her by now or even living with her. Now I had the confidence to ask her to a date, and she's off with another guy.

Thoughts ran through my head, trying to figure out what I could do to try and get her back to me. I could just go up and talk to her by the bar? Maybe I should comfort her and ask her why she is talking to another guy when she should be on a date with me. But another idea ran through my head, it's karaoke time at the pub. Maybe I should sing her favorite song which was Call Me Maybe.

So I walked towards the stage, climbed up the stairs and grabbed the microphone. I tapped the head of the microphone to tested if it worked, as I was the first on up here for tonight. Everyone turned their heads to look towards me, but I smiled looking at Kim and spoke through the microphone "Hello Sweetie this is your song..."