I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

Zach's POV

My day hasn't stopped, even though I've laid in bed and tried to get to sleep. I still can't end this day, it's the same day stuck on repeat, I just want to get to bed and start off fresh...

But no I'm trapped inside this never ending loop, I just want to escape.

It's probably my fault, I've stopped taking my medication about a week, maybe 2 weeks. They probably helped me sleep, but I took no notice, I just wanted to feel normal and not to depend on some tablets to help me get through the day.

As I laid in my bed, I looked up at my wall looking at the clock. Last time I looked it was 9.54 but as I looked up at it again it was 9.55, it felt like it's been an hour or five, but no it's been a minute. The clock kept ticking but time wasn't moving at the same speed, it was annoying me hearing nothing but ticking from the clock above me.

I tried closing my eyes, but they stayed open wide almost like they were pinned up keeping me awake. This repeated every night, they acted like they were stapled open so that maybe someone could watch me... maybe set a test on what happens if a human doesn't sleep for a few days or weeks.

As the clock chimed to 10, I wished for sleep, but my body felt like it's just had at least 5 red bulls. I just needed at least 10 minutes of sleep.

As I looked at my hands I noticed they were twitching, maybe it was from the lack of sleep or that my body is so hyper I can't control myself anymore.

Looking around my room, I tried to search for some entertainment to help me calm down so that I could get a little bit of rest and stop the shakiness of my hands.

As I looked around my room, I heated the static playing from my TV, I forgot it was on. I tend to blur the noises out if I don't focus on certain items. I absolutely hate that TV all it so is plat static, there is no other channels that work. It's almost like they want to send a message to me, or was I starting to lose my mind?

Maybe I was losing my mind, I can't stand this place any more I just want to get up and leave, but I couldn't take out a door with bolts on. Trust me I tried, but there must be over a thousand bolts keeping me trapped in here. But why were they keeping me here? I haven't done anything, nothing has changed, time doesn't change, but maybe I was, and I wasn't taking any notice because I'm too tired to even notice anything at the moment.

I kept looking at the clock just hoping time could fly by until breakfast, so I could at least keep myself from boredom and chat to the breakfast staff because the night staff are way stricter than them and won't talk to me or any of the other patients. But the clock still says 10 pm it was like time stands still, but I cannot, I just needed to get out of this bed and do something.

But instead I talked to the camera in the corner of my room hoping that one of the staff could come down and keep me company, but they never came down. They probably thought I was talking to myself, but I haven't gone that crazy, yet I just needed to get their attention to get them to send someone down to me.

However, as I was talking to the cameras I noticed in the corner of my eyes that the sun was rising, it was morning at last. I laughed, getting my old dirty plastic fork from my dinner tray from last night and grazed it along the wall trying to wake up my neighbours.

As I continued to make as much noise as I could with the little equipment I had, I looked at the camera smiling as I said "Attention. All insomniacs, please raise your right hand."

I smirked at the camera as I raised my hand, just hoping they would hurry up and send down the morning staff.

Giving the camera a death stare I laughed telling my neighbours and the camera "And kindly, repeat after me. I'll guess I'll sleep when I'm dead."

That's when I heard the whole hallway of neighbours repeating, "I'll guess I'll sleep when I'm dead."

Looking around I smiled, "It's almost like I have mind control over them." I said, smiling at the camera.

That was when the panic alarm came on... I think I'm going to be in a lot of trouble for this one...