Dreamcatcher

Maxx's POV

I just walked in, and I'm already nervous because today I'm waiting for a job interview to be in a band called Set It Off. To be honest with you, I have never heard of them but as soon as I got told they wanted to see me for an interview I listened to all their songs not once nor twice but three times for each song so that I know what they are like and what they are into.

I've always wanted to do something with the drums, but I didn't have the patience for it until my dad told me I should start to focus on it because he thought I could make a living out of it. So that's why I applied for the job to see if my dad was right because he believes I can do it.

I would really love to start touring with a band to see the world and just have fans to meet. It would be amazing if I could do that.

Even though I've only just sat down it feels like I have been waiting here for hours, but it was probably just my nerves getting to me... I really need to calm down before they call me in.

I set standards high, so that if I don't get it, I know I won't be affected as bad. I just really hope I can get this place in the band because I think I would love it.

But as the time keeps ticking, and I'm almost about to drift off, my doubts slightly seem to fade away. Maybe they're to keep the best to last... who knows... but whatever the outcome is my eyes are open, and I see the plan for the future I want to be in a band and tour because that's what's best for me

If I were to be on a band, I hope I can guide fans to look up to their dreams and I will guide their screams and shouts to give everything they got to get everything they deserve and maybe even more.

Sitting here reminded me of a time at school where I would audition for the school band. I used to sit there and dream with my eyes wide, with all these songs I would try and create a rhythm by the use of the drums.

Throughout my high-school I got called names or told I was a fool, but this will remind you to do your best to prove that they are all liars and that you can get your dreams if you put in the work and this is one of the lessons that I hope to teach.

You'll just need to believe you'll be a dream catcher. If you need to cry, cry out loud and don't hide it away, don't let people get in the way of your dreams. As even the little steps you'll take forwards, you'll take their breath away and prove them wrong. Believe you can do it, they'll spit their word. But just please believe that you'll be a dream catcher...