Houston We're Going Down

(Warning mention of abuse)

Maxx's POV

I started my day off like another normal day, reading through the job section of the newspaper. We recently just moved so that my girlfriend, Molly, could get her dream job as a business entrepreneur. She has always wanted to work in the fashion industry, selling new items that are the biggest trend at the moment. It does have its benefits though, I get clothes that she makes and designs for me. But then that also means our flat it covered in fabrics and clothing materials. However, it makes her happy getting her dream, so I'm happy for her.

I decided to make some breakfast, only something simple like beans on toast, as I couldn't be bothered to cook a full breakfast for just the two of us.

As I started cooking Molly came from her designing room, she looked stressed, I knew she had a client she was working with who was a bit annoying, but I never knew they were much to stress over.

She came storming in looking through the cupboard, and she quickly asks "Where are my pins? They aren't in the drawer? What have you done with them!"

Looking through a drawer, I give her a pot of pins, saying "You left them there last night... Think you were just a bit tired to notice where you left them..."

Molly walked over to me snatching the pot out of my hands shouting "I'm tired because I'm the only one working in this household! You're constantly sat on your ass doing nothing! You just live off my money and don't give me that crap, I'm trying to look for a job because you have been saying that for months!"

Sighing, I looked down at the floor mumbling "I'm really trying... I looked through the paper to see if there is anything going... But there's hardly anywhere or anybody that wants me..."

She groans, slapping my face "Because you're useless Maxx. You can't even cook a breakfast for me. Beans on toast? I don't expect a breakfast like that when you have all the time in the morning to cook something better!"

Rubbing my cheek, I turned off, just trying my best to ignore her shouting at the top of her lungs. She was never like this, she was always lovely and sweet. I just think it's the stress of the new city and the job. But I have to admit this isn't the first time she hit me, every week I'm bruised, I just got to lie and say I have done something stupid like I hit my head on a shelf or something... It's not like anyone cares anyway, everyone has just forgotten about me since I moved away. Guess that's what happens with long distance friendships...

Rewinding back to the past took me out of the real world, she started to calm down a bit as I blended back into reality. I noticed she got a bag of peas out and gently put it over my cheek, looking at her, she apologized saying how sorry she was and that she would never do it again... She always says this... It ends with broken promises... It always does.

As she kisses my nose I let a tear run down my eye, mumbling "W-Why is it that you always take it out on me?..."

She looked shocked, almost like I just told her I have done a crime. Quickly, she rubbed my tears away and explained, "I don't... I'm just really stressed with everything at the moment. I don't mean to hurt you... Just go and sort your self out, I need to get this dress done before tonight" she walked off, not looking back at me. I felt like leaving, I wanted to go back home with my friends, anywhere but here it feels like hell here.

Instead of running, I curled up on the sofa trying to not show my pain, but just looked through my phone for a job. Molly didn't check up on me throughout the whole night, so I curled up and fell asleep on the sofa, praying that tomorrow will be a better day. Wondering why she always takes it out on me.