𝐨𝟐𝟔. 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐞𝐬.

Tears poured down the players faces as they dug into their food

Tears poured down the players faces as they dug into their food. You sat next to Kiyoko who was softly sniffling beside you, trying her best to conceal her feelings. You too, felt like bawling, but chose to suck it all in.

Karasuno has just lost their game against Aoba Johsai, meaning...they won't make it to Nationals.

The third years' last time playing the sport they loved so much, and they lost.

You picked at the grilled pork, pushing it around with your chopsticks.

Coach Ukai sighed, not properly accepting the loss that heavily impacted the team. It was astounding enough since it managed to affect you as well.

But he had hope. There was always room for hope.

Hope. Always room for hope.

After waving goodbye to the team and heading your own way home, you began to bite your nails as you looked down at your phone screen.

The video of you slapping Tsukishima basically went viral.

What are you going to do now? How are you going to explain this to Fukuda-san? How are you going to prevent this video from getting to Tokyo?

'What will otōsan say?'

'Shit! Shit!'  You wanted to punch something. Finally, when life was just getting better, something just had to ruin it.

Why did someone have to record it? Why can't people just mind their own business? Why does every little thing about you end up being revealed to the public?

The gate was just ahead of you and as you turned to open it, you caught a glimpse of Fukuda's figure standing in front of the entranceway.

'Great, she's already waiting for me.'

As you walked up to the front door, she sighed, shaking her head with what you think, was disappointment. For some reason, it made your heart sink.

You've been a disappointment from the moment otōsan sent you to your first boarding school. Back then, it didn't seem all that to you.

So why, why did Fukuda's sudden disapproval make you feel like the lesser person in the situation?

Your head dropped in shame, walking past the caretaker. The bag that was previously on your shoulder collapsed to the ground, and your knees buckled underneath you.

"Saito-san —" interrupting Fukuda, you began to wail. Tears erupted from your eyes, your head being held down between your arms.

It was embarrassing. Your face flushed red due to the embarrassment.

'What a pussy. Crying in front of her just because you let your emotions overcome you?'

It was too much for you.

Tsukishima making you realise that you're a failure, you 'getting over it' even though there was that underlying layer of doubt, Karasuno losing their chance to nationals, you realising that life is never really going to change...

The public will still believe you're reckless. Your father will still believe that you're the little girl that disrespected her parents.

Mubō-chan. Mubō-chan!

If Tsukishima can't see the changed side of you, how can everybody else even notice?

The reassuring hand of Fukuda rubbed your back, whispering soft reassurances in your ear. You leaned into her chest, the soft touch she possessed comforting you in a way your mother never could.

"Hush Y/N, it'll all pass by."

Will it pass by?

"They will soon forget about it."

Will they?

"I'm...I'm sorry." You mutter, holding onto the other woman's forearms, "I'm sorry for everything."

RING! RING!

The sound of the house's telephone radiated throughout the house, growing the pit that resided within your stomach. You already knew who it was.

But you had hope.

Maybe he'll listen to me.

Maybe he'll understand from my perspective.

You got up before Fukuda did, making your way to the jumping phone. Separating it from the base, you held it up to your ear and inhaled a heavy load of air.

"Hello?"