𝐨𝐨𝟖. 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫.

"I see you're doing well

"I see you're doing well." He mutters, the both of you were now sitting down on a wall to the side, where not a lot of players would pass by. The both of you needed to have a private conversation anyway. "Do you like it here?"

"I do." Since you answered with a straight forward answer, it took him awhile to come up with another question to continue the conversation. He tried to make it feel normal, he really did. But something just felt different, he wasn't sure if it was because they weren't in Tokyo, or if it was you. He hoped that you didn't change, or your feelings about him didn't change. He hoped you were still the Saito Y/N that clung to his arm in Tokyo...he hoped you didn't find somebody else.

But he felt something when he saw you in the gym, he knew that there was a change. He saw the way you acted around that tall middle-blocker with glasses, it may seem normal to other people, but to him...he knew that there was something. It was either in the blond, or even you.

"Y/N-chan..." he reached for your hand, "I missed you." You smiled at the ground, feeling that specific warmth Kuroo brought into your life. But it wasn't as prevalent as it was before.

"I missed you too Tetsurō-kun. It's not the same without you doing your stupid faces at my classroom door." The both of you chuckled, reminiscing on the memories and still holding hands.

"Yamamoto won't stop talking about you. He always says at random times, 'I miss Saito-san!!'" This time, the both of you ended up cackling since you could vision Yamamoto actually doing that. The first time you went to Nekoma, you remembered him flirting with you first-chance he got, but he also ended up with a slap across his face.

The laughter eventually died down and you could feel Kuroo staring at you.

'I guess he was the one constantly staring at me in the gym.' You thought, since it was very obvious.

"Who braided your hair?" He asked, touching the braids with his free hand. He knew you couldn't braid, even if your life depended on it. The last time you attempted a braid, it was on his hair and he couldn't get knots out until two weeks after. He hated it, but appreciated the effort. "It looks nice."

"Um..." not knowing how to respond, because you know very well he wouldn't like the answer, "a friend braided it."

"Mm, tell that friend that she's talented. She somehow made you even more beautiful." You began to feel flustered, not knowing why warmth began to rise to your cheeks. You got compliments constantly, but Kuroo's compliments were just received differently. It made you feel giddy, but of course, you would never tell him that.

"Thank you Tetsurō-kun." Replying, hiding your face away from him. He lightly grabbed your chin and faced your face towards him.

"Don't hide your face, I rarely get to see it already."