𝐨𝐨𝟕. 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐚 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬.

Before you knew it, it was the night before the Karasuno versus Nekoma match

Before you knew it, it was the night before the Karasuno versus Nekoma match. You felt slightly uneasy, since although you wanted to surprise Kuroo, it was weird that he didn't even try and call you. Usually he would fill your phone with notifications, but the past couple of days, it seemed as if he disappeared. That didn't bother you though, since you were busy with manager duties.

Yet again, it was another night where you couldn't keep a clear head and comfortable sleep. You were lying awake, staring out the window at the bright crescent moon that decorated the sky. Tsukishima suddenly appeared in your mind and you remembered the night that you talked to him like an old friend. In the morning, you found phone cameras in your faces, since you didn't realize it, but the both of you were entangled in each others arms.

Blushing at the thought, you slapped your cheeks trying to get your mind back in the moment. You hated him, that's right, that's the spirit. You hated him. He still calls you by that annoying nickname...but why do you find some amusement in it?

     'No. I hate him.' Making sure, you held your hands together, grabbing your phone and opening a contact that you've never acknowledged before. Clicking on it and hearing the rings of the call, you bit on your fingernail. Somehow, hoping that he would respond.

     'Hello?'  Hearing his voice, you somehow fell soft hearing how nice it sounded at night when he woke up. Shaking yourself back into the moment, you continuously look out the window.

"Tsukishima," you mutter, "can you come to my room?"

"Why, mubō can't sleep again?" Closing your eyes at the nickname, you answer with a 'yes'. For some reason, you could hear the smirk and the rustling of blankets. Next thing you knew, you heard the call end and a knock on your door.

It was true, you hated him. From the very first time you met him. But, there was just something about him. A comforting effect that took a toll on you immensely. It seemed to only appear at night, because in the morning he was back to that salty beanstalk everyone seemed to know.

Getting up and opening the door, you see Tsukishima with a can and a blanket in his hand.

"What's the drink?"

"Matcha tea. It's better than beer, since I know you like to drink on nights like these." Tsukishima stepped inside, giving her the can of tea. You grabbed it hesitantly, not used to his kind gesture. It was...nice. Opening it with ease, you drink from it and your eyes shot wide open.

'Holy shit. This is so good.' You looked at the can and back up at him. He looked curiously at you, sitting down on the futon. You joined him, sipping the tea quietly and finally offering it to him.

"What's on your mind?" He asks, looking at your eyes directly. He grabbed the can and took a sip, returning it soon after. The moonlight seemed to have reflected a perfect casting, with what looked like, a sparkle emitting from you. His heart skipped a beat, trying to fight the upcoming blush appearing on his cheeks.