𝐨𝐨𝟔. 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

Almost making it to the front gate of the school, you slung your bag over your shoulder refusing to hold it down in front of you since it was quite heavy

Almost making it to the front gate of the school, you slung your bag over your shoulder refusing to hold it down in front of you since it was quite heavy. The silence of the prefecture was somewhat comforting, since you didn't have to deal with the car honks or city noise of Tokyo. It was nice.

Kuroo suddenly appeared in your mind and you made a mental note to text him before you slept. Maybe you could call, but it would kill your credit. You needed to tell him about your day. From the stares and gossip being shared around about you, to the annoying blond that sat beside you in your class. You also needed to tell him that you were the Karasuno Boys Volleyball team manager, it would be nice for him to hear that.

"Saito-chan!!" Turning around at the call of your name, you see Nishinoya and practically the whole team behind him. You turn your whole body around looking at the team with a stoic face. "Would you like to have some meat buns?? Daichi-san offered!"

'Hm, meat buns do sound good. But it's almost ten o'clock, I need to get home before Fukuda busts my ass.'

"I'm sorry. I need to be home before ten o'clock. Goodnight." Hearing the groans of the team, you chuckle to yourself and head towards your neighbourhood that was very close by.

"Saito-san!" Looking behind you, you see Yamaguchi and unfortunately, Tsukishima. Once the both of you looked each other, the both of you seemed to roll your eyes at the same time. "I didn't know you lived in this neighbourhood!"

"Yeah. My caretaker lives really close to the school." Yamaguchi jogs to reach up to you, giving you a warm smile. You couldn't find it within yourself to return one, so you just look forward. "What happened to your friend back there?" Pointing towards the jackass that was now walking slowly with his headphones on behind the both of you, Yamaguchi sighed.

"He isn't really that mean, Saito-san. I don't know what's gotten into him. It's probably because --" Out of no where, your phone began to ring, causing you to frail around you bag looking for it. Finally finding it, you see the contact and immediately felt warmth erupt in your heart.

"I'm sorry, I'll head on ahead. Goodnight." Walking off, not even looking at Yamaguchi before you walk faster in front of the boy, you answer your phone without hesitation. "Tetsurō-kun...how are you?"

Once you were out of sight, Yamaguchi stopped in his tracks waiting for Tsukishima to catch up with him. He took off his headphones, putting them around his neck once again.

"I knew you weren't listening to any music." Yamaguchi mutters, now walking again. Tsukishima scoffs and looks ahead, trying to see which street you turned. "Why are you acting meaner than usual Tsukki?"

"Shut up Yamaguchi." He replies, still looking for your faint stature. Unfortunately not being able to find you, he huffs, now diverting his attention to the ground.