𝐨𝟏𝟑. 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬.

The sound of volleyballs slapping against the floor rang out throughout the gym, and you were patiently sitting down on the bench taking notes

The sound of volleyballs slapping against the floor rang out throughout the gym, and you were patiently sitting down on the bench taking notes. Kiyoko already went over your notes earlier and asked if you could make some corrections, so there you were quietly keeping to yourself while everyone else practiced their asses off.

"Saito-san, how are the notes coming along?" Daichi walked up to you, hands on his hips. Just from reading his facial expression, you could easily tell that he was a bit nervous around you, which you were fine with. People normally got nervous around you, whether it was because of your surname or your general aura.

"It's going well. I just need them to be more detailed. Kiyoko-senpai's notes are way better so I just need to get mine like her's." Daichi nodded, understanding your concern and goal. He was very respectful and that's what you liked about him. Daichi wasn't like most boys that were too nervous around you and weren't able to say a single sentence without stuttering. Very much captain material.

"Well you'll adjust in no time." He smiled at you which eventually made a small smile appear on your face, but disappear again. You weren't one for smiles and he seemed to understand that since he never said anything of your lack of emotion. Out of no where, you could feel your throat get a bit scratchy, and you immediately knew it was because you barely drank any fluids that day.

'Dammit. The vending machine is so far...whatever, if I get a matcha then I'll be fine.'

"Um, Daichi-senpai, is it okay if I get a drink from the vending machine? I'm a bit parched."

"Yeah! Sure no problem, I'll tell  Kiyoko that you went to get a drink." You slowly got up from the bench, grabbing change from your bag and walking out of the gym. Upon your arrival at the vending machine however, your thought process was interrupted with a sudden arm being wrapped around your waist.

"Saito-chan...you never answered me. I'm a bit sad."

'Ugh, not this piece of shit.'

"Get your hands off of me." You tried your best to pry his hand off of you, but his grip was strong. From what you remembered, he was a part of some sports team, his name? No thank you, you didn't need to know it.

"Huh? No, I don't think I will." He spun you around so now you were facing his ugly ass face. Actually, now that you think of it, he wasn't exactly ugly...he was quite handsome if you think of it. But his personality was shit. And that was all you needed to consider someone hideous. "Come on, I just need a simple yes."

"I don't even know who you are. Now let go of me before I shout."

"Who's going to listen to you? It's the afternoon. Everyone is either in their clubs or at home. Just say yes before I get mad." His grip around your waist tightened, causing you to grimace a little bit. You've never been in this position before. Most of your fans were too scared to even look at you or touch you, this was a first and you didn't know what to do. And you hated it.

"Please, just let go of me." The uncomfortable feeling of his arm around your waist began to grow as his hand moved slowly to your butt. "Don't--"

"What the hell are you doing?" A menacing voice came from right behind the boy. Your heart doubled its pace as you recognized who that distinct voice belonged to.

"Hey, get from here. I already claimed her."

"Claimed? She's not property...tsch, this is so pathetic." Tsukishima smirked, stepping closer to the boy that still had his arms around you. But they were loosening a bit. "Are you stupid? Let go of her."

"You have some nerve trying to test me. Who are you anyway?" This time, the boy let go of you, but seemed to trap you with his back. The space between his body and the vending machine wasn't much, causing you to feel quite claustrophobic.

"My name is Tsukishima Kei, first year class four. And I'm a foot taller than you midget." You snorted, trying to hold back a laugh at his insult. The boy in front of you seemed to get embarrassed, since the top of his ears grew red as time went on.

"What did'ya say to me?!" Even though the comment was hilarious, the boy seemed to get aggressive which slightly worried you. Yes, Tsukishima was tall, but he was built like a chopstick. The boy in front of you seemed like a third-year so it was obvious that he has more body mass than the blond.

"Tsukishima-"

"I'm a foot taller than you. Are you deaf?"

"Argh! You piece of shit!" The boy grabbed onto Tsukishima's shirt, however, with an advantage to his height, the blond boy grabbed the other by his shoulders and pushed him to the side. Grabbing your hand, he took the opportunity to stand beside you, whilst you took the opportunity to look up at his face.

'He's so...hot? And, if he came out here, does that mean he cares? Why did he come out here? Was he looking at me like what Hinata said?'

"Hey! I said I already claim-"

"That's rude isn't it? To claim another person's girlfriend." Your breath came to a halt, and the boy seemed to have taken the message. He turned around to leave, while your eyes stayed on the face of the grumpy giant. However, his attractive face didn't distract you from the dilemma.

'GIRLFRIEND??'