𝐨𝟏𝟐. 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧.

"And you're just telling us this??" Etsuko gasps, hiding her mouth behind her hands

"And you're just telling us this??" Etsuko gasps, hiding her mouth behind her hands. You continued to eat your onigiri happily munching, while Chiho seemed to have drool slipping out of her mouth. Her response was accurate though, Fukuda's onigiri's tasted and smelt like heaven.

"Well, I didn't see it as so important. So I just didn't bother."

You've gotten close to the two girls over the course of a couple of weeks, which was quite surprising to you since it normally took you a bit to entirely trust someone. However, it's wasn't like you completely trusted them, but it was slowly getting there. You slowly handed Chiho an onigiri from your tray, making her eyes raise up to you and widen with surprise.

"You look like your gonna eat the whole box if I don't give you one. Come on, take it." Chiho nodded rapidly, grabbing the onigiri from your hand and eating it with delight. Etsuko's face was plastered with a scowl as she gazed at her partner, who was supposedly still doing the whole 'liquid diet' shenanigan. Rolling your eyes, you hand over your last onigiri to Etsuko causing her eyes to widen as well. "Liquid diet my ass, don't act like I didn't see you eating store-bought tempura yesterday."

"Ugh, Y/N-chan! Your ruining my streak." Despite her complaints, she snatched the onigiri and devoured it. Smiling to yourself, you close up your bento box and put it away in your bag, satisfied with your sudden act of kindness today.

'It feels good to be nice to people.' This thought would've made your father upset, primarily because he always thought that people were taking advantage of the Saito's family kindness. Which was stupid, in your opinion, but that family value was what made you act like how you did today. You only hoped Botan wouldn't grow up like that.

"Anyway, stop ignoring me! You need to tell us what's going on between you and Tsukishima-san."

"Yeah! From what you're saying, he's such a tsundere! Man, why can't people like that like me..." Chiho pouts and her eyes behind her pink-framed glasses seemed to become watery. Her and Etsuko seemed to be the complete opposites of each other, but you didn't mind.

"I mean, I've only come over to his house that one time. And he comes by Fukuda-san's every Saturday, so we walk together to practice, and he walks me back...but it's because we live in the same street. Yamaguchi follows us too, so it isn't like we walk back home alone together." You heard Etsuko shift in her seat and looked towards her direction, causing her to jump a little. In her hands was a little note, which had your name written on the front of it.

"I found this under your bento Y/N-chan. Someone must've put it there before you ate." You were a bit surprised.

Now, not to ruffle up your feathers too much, but notes, letters, and confessions were never new to you. Back in Tokyo you got them at school and at home, but since hardly anyone knew where you lived in Miyagi, all the confessions came to you at school. Every single day your shoe locker would be filled with notes and small gifts, and every other day a student would confess to you at some of the most random settings. For example, just last week one of your senpais from the second year confessed to you in front of the restroom. The goddamn restroom. How did someone in their right mind believe that you were going to accept it? Jeesh, boys just aren't that romantic these days.

"Hm, really? Well you could just leave it there. I'll read it later." Finally putting your bento in your bag, you stand up, excusing yourself from the two girls who sat in front of you. "I'll be going now."

"What?? Y/N-chan where're you going??" Etsuko asked you, she seemed to have already swallowed her onigiri, on the other hand, Chico wasn't even halfway done.

"I want to go to the volleyball gym before lunch ends. I'm still assistant manager of the volleyball team you know."

"Hah...to be Y/N-chan and be manager of a team filled with cute boys!! What a dream..."

'Not really when you figure out their personalities.'

▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬

You opened the door of the gym, changing your shoes before you actually stepped onto the shiny wooden floor. Hinata and Kageyama were the only ones inside, causing you to smile to yourself and sit down on the bench, taking out the notebook in your bag. Kiyoko taught you to take notes on the players, and with you being a perfectionist, you wanted to make sure that they were attention-worthy.

"Y/N-chan!!" Looking up, you meet eyes with Hinata who was waving frantically at you, but then was hit by Kageyama's hand on his head.

"Boke Hinata! She's a celebrity! Call her by her surname!"

"Oh! Sorry Saito-san..." You chuckled silently to yourself as the boys continued to practice their freak quick attack. Then the running of sneakers were heard and next thing you knew, Hinata was in front of you looking at your notes. "Saito-san! You have really pretty handwriting! I wish that I could write like that."

"Hm, well with practice, Hinata-san, you can get nice handwriting."

"Ah! No Saito-san, you can just call me Hinata!" You nodded, looking up around the gym for the other boy since you recognized the lack of negative aura he brings into the room.

"Where did Kageyama go?"

"He went to get milk. I don't know why, but he really loves his milk. Like how Tsukishima loves you!" Silence filled the room, and your eyes slowly moved from behind Hinata to his pupils.

'What-what is this tangerine talking about?'

"What did you say?"

"Do you not notice it? Everytime we have practice Tsukishima always looks at you! It gets pretty annoying sometimes, but it's funny whenever someone comes to the gym to confess to you! Like he could be one of those cartoon characters, when their head gets so hot you could cook an egg on top of it..." Hinata continued on, but at that point of the conversation you were at a loss for words. You didn't know if you were creeped out, offended...or happy?

'HAPPY?!? Y/N. THIS IS TSUKISHIMA WE'RE TALKING ABOUT. THE TSUKISHIMA THAT CALLS YOU MUBŌ-CHAN, THE TSUKISHIMA THAT TEASES YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR HEIGHT, THE TSUKISHIMA WHOSE EYES SPARKLE WHENEVER HE SEES STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE IN FRONT OF IT-'

'Wait...what was that last thought?'

For some reason, pure confusion sat inside of your core and you wanted nothing more than to sort it out. Feelings were stupid and something that immature children only dealt with, well...that's what you thought.

Were you observant of Tsukishima as well? Oddly, whenever someone confessed to you at the gym you would always make sure that Tsukishima was looking. What, did you want him to scoop you up and call you his?

'This is stupid. Why would you ever want that?'

However, as much as you tried to deny it, this prevalent emotion stuck in the depths of your heart.

'Tsukki was looking at me? That's kinda...kinda cute.'

AUTHORS NOTE!

- guys! i published a new fanfic on our milkboy, kageyama tobio! so if you would like, you guys can go read it! won't forget about this book though;)

- sincerely, hika