𝐨𝟑𝟏. 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬.

You step inside the house, smoke fuming out your ears due to the situation that just occurred

You step inside the house, smoke fuming out your ears due to the situation that just occurred. Tsukishima seems to press all your buttons so easily, it was frustrating to think that you had feelings for him.

Walking out of the foyer after taking off your shoes, you head to the kitchen where Fukuda's humming figure stands by the stove.

"Welcome home Y/N, how was your day?" You grumble, dropping your bag onto the couch and dropping yourself onto the dining table. "Oh? Was it not good?"

"No..."

"Tsukishima?"

"Yes..." Blushing, you sigh of embarrassment due to the fact that even Fukuda knew the source of most of your problems. Tsukishima seemed to always be the reason why, giving more reason to believe the both of you are toxic.

"Y/N, Kei is a nice boy, but I don't think he is worth all this trouble. He'll mature, but until then —" before the elder could finish her sentence, the phone rang. "Hm? Who could that be?"

After wiping her hands on a towel, Fukuda makes her way to where the ringing of the landline came from. You continue to stare into place, thinking of how to fix the problem.

Of course, you were the one to always find a solution. Why can't it ever be Tsukishima? Why does it always seem to be you? The effort between the both of you is not balanced and the percentage of your frustration was beginning to go above a hundred.

Maybe, this one time, you'll step back. He should attempt for once to fix the conflict between the two of you.

It'll be interesting to see what he does.

"Okay, okay. I'll get her on the phone. Y/N? It's for you." For you? But why? You don't recall expecting a call from anyone...maybe it was Tsukishima wanting to apologize?

Your expectations begin to increase, causing you to pick up speed and make your way to Fukuda. Grabbing the phone after giving her a smile, you exhale and put the phone to your ear.

"Hello?"

"Y/N. We need to talk." Your heart stops.

Your hopeful expectations growing thinner as the silence from the other line continued. All of your breath seemed to be kicked from your gut, as you lost the ability to respond back.

"Y/N, are you there?"

"...Dad?" Your father clears his throat, his voice clearly showing signs of stress and anguish. His negative emotions didn't hesitate to make you more nervous than you were before.

"Yes, nice to hear that you answer. How is Miyagi?"

"It's good...how's the business?"

'Not that I really care to be honest. I know with you still around, it'll keep being successful no matter what.'