𝐨𝟏𝟕. 𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠.

═════•°• :♧: •°•═════

     Days passed after the incident with Tsukishima, but somehow, the feelings that were felt never seemed to cease. Every time you met his eyes you would look away, your cold act keeping up with time.

     Thoughts filled your head as you continuously watched the boys practice volleyball. The Interhigh Prelims were coming very soon and you were proud of how far the boys team has come. From being incomplete, to having to suppress the overwhelming talent of a few of their players in order for the group to remain balanced. No one was overpowering each other, they all flowed together like water. It was nice to watch.

     "Saito-chan, are you okay?" Kiyoko called out to you, her attention moving away from her notes. You nod your head respectfully.

     "I'm fine. Just thinking about the competition we have to go against when we go to the Prelims. It's sort of scary just thinking about it."

     "Well, I do agree with you. But...I believe in our team. We'll definitely be going to Nationals this year." A reassuring silence enveloped between you and Kiyoko's conversation, "Anyway, you're gonna help me with the surprise later right?" Kiyoko's eyes met yours and you could see an underlying excitement behind them. She wasn't really one to express her emotions so vividly, but you didn't mind since you were the same.

     "Yes of course. I can't just leave it to you can I?" The both of you chuckled, since the boys had no idea what was coming their way.

     "What are they whispering about?" Tanaka asked, eyeing them from far away. Two girls, beautiful regardless of their differences, laughing to each other was something the boy loved to see. "I wish I knew what they were talking about...imagine Kiyoko-san and Saito-chan laughing together!! With me! In between them! Ahh!!"

     "Gather up! Let's finish early today so you can all go home and rest up!" Coach Ukai called the boys, clapping his hands together in order for their attention to be diverted away from their practice. You got up as well, standing beside Kiyoko as the boys proceeded to get ready for the end of the day.

     You and Tsukishima made quick eye contact, but you broke it by looking swiftly away, the redness in your cheeks appearing and disappearing. A frustrated scowl began to form on his face.

     "If that's all-"

     "One minute! Can I add one more comment from Shimizu-chan and Y/N-chan?" The boys all gasped in wonder, while Kiyoko seemed to shyly look at the ground. Your gaze was lifted upwards, looking away from the one boy that seemed to make your heart jump.

      'Jump? What the hell...a heart can't jump.'

     "I'm not that good at pep talks, so..." The senior manager took a look at you, pointing towards the side where you knew the surprise was present. The both of you jogged, and for some reason, you with an extra pep in your step. "Sensei, if you please,"