𝐨𝟐𝟓. 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫.

You couldn't control your emotions as you burst out of the gymnasium

You couldn't control your emotions as you burst out of the gymnasium. The air nipping at your heated cheeks due to the argument that occurred not too long ago.

'I thought everything was getting better. I thought I was getting better.'

Tsukishima's words stuck onto you like a leech begging for blood. It hurt you, one, to be reminded of the past that you wanted to get rid of, two, to hear it from him.

Somebody that you thought you had budding feelings for.

But how can you like someone like that? A pessimistic asshole that seems to push you away whenever things were getting better?

All that time you took to clear your head, thoughts. All that time you used your precious brainpower to beg the Gods and your heart to come up with what you really thought of Tsukishima Kei.

All that for nothing. All that to be reminded that he's a huge pessimistic douche that can never change.

The matcha can from before was long disposed. Nobody seemed to have noticed your absence, since you were heaving outside all alone.

It was the big game. Who would bother caring towards someone who wanted nothing but attention?

Searching around your pockets, you finally got ahold of your phone, unlocking it and scrolling through your contacts. Finally finding the most perfect person for the situation, you sighed in relief and pressed the call button.

"Hello?" The voice from the other side of the screen sounded tired, as if they just woke up from a nap or a deep slumber. You inhaled heavily, clenching your nails into the palms of your hands.

"I miss you."

▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬

"Are you serious Y/N? Why did you even think of liking him?"

Swaying your legs back and forth as you sat on the wooden bench, the voice coming from your phone seemed to have instantly calmed you down. You weren't heaving, it was just your heart  beat that seemed to not cease from its rapid pace.

"I don't know." Digging your face into the sleeve of your jacket to stop your eyes from tearing up. "He...he just --"

"He what? There's nothing I like about this guy!"

"Nee-chan..."

"Don't 'nee-chan' me. I know the types of guys you go for, and they're not all that great. Well, except Kuroo. He was a great guy. Are you guys still talking?"

A lump grew in your throat as you recalled letting the one good guy in your life go. He was any girl's dream, and you were just lucky that he came in your life. You didn't deserve him. Plus, he was a bit too old, your father would've never approved.

"No nee-chan. We're not talking anymore." She sighed.

"Hm, I kind of expected it. This is his last year in high school right?"

"Yeah."

"Damn. You like your guys old huh?"  A snort could be heard from her side of the phone. "Well, I really don't know what to do about your whole Tsukashim situation."

"Tsukishima."

"Yeah, yeah. Anyway he seems rude. I don't like him. He's such an asshole. If he really cared about you then he would've listened to you. Instead, he got pressed and started attacking you. Do you really want to be with someone like that?"

Do you really want to be with someone like that? Someone that would get mad at you when you say good criticism? Someone that would attack you when you are trying to help?

Now that you really think about it, you don't really want to.

"How did you even start liking him in the first place?"

"I don't know. We've had our moments. But that's it. Lately I've been trying to decide if I even like him or not. And I thought I did, until today." Some movement was heard, and it resembled the sound of shuffling sheets. Ai seemed to have shushed the person, earning a stifled giggle. "Oh...are you busy right now?"

"Hm? No! Not at all. You called at the perfect time actually. Any later and I would've completely ignored you."

"Oh..."

"But don't let his words get into your head Y/N. He's obviously just playing with you. See, when you come back to Tokyo. I'm betting you that there will be someone ten times better than that Tsukishim."

"Tsukishima."

"Whatever! Not important after what happened today. Anyway, I have to go now. Tell your team good luck on the game. Except Tsukishima of course."

"Oh my, you finally got his name right." You chuckle, muttering a 'bye' before you clicked the end call button.

God did you miss your sister. She brought so much comfort to your life, you had little to no idea what would happen if she wasn't present. Although, she was a bit of a bad influence. However, you haven't seen her in any gossip or news platform lately. So that must be good, right?

After properly calming down, you walk back into the gym, finally ready to face your problems even though you were going to face them alone.

Tsukishima was just another obstacle in the journey to you new life. The new Saito Y/N that everybody won't stare at when you walk by, or be the victim of false gossips whispered underneath people's breaths.

Sure, you thought Tsukishima would be a nice person to accompany you in this journey. But to keep someone that would relentlessly bash you and bring you back to square one around?

You would rather go back to Russia and have a fight with the bears.