XVll : across the ocean blue

I mentally cursed at myself.

How could I be so stupid?

Blake isn't Luke, and never will be.

But in the moment, I believed it.

I believed that I was with Luke, but it was all a hallucination.

Luke isn't going to find out about that.

I'll make sure of it.

Why did I have to have that one drink.

I don't deserve Luke.

I lay on my bed at 4 in the morning thinking about what I've done.

I grab the pillow that lays next to me, and place it over my mouth and scream.

Soon, screams turn to sobs, and then I can't control myself.

I become hysterical.

I know that it's one in the morning where Luke is, and he's probably sleeping, but he wasn't the only one who made promises.

Just like I had him promise to come back soon, he had me promise to call him if I ever needed anything.

And right now was one of those moments.

I manage to calm myself enough so that I could take the pillow off of my face without waking the dead with my horrific tear stricken wails. I find my phone and pull up Luke's number.

As soon as I hit call I hang up.

He's probably sleeping. He isn't going to answer. He isn't going to help.

But I promised. 

And so it takes me calling and hanging up three more times before I finally manage to have it call long enough for him to pick up.

"Anna." He sighs through the phone.

My name sounds so beautiful coming from him. 

I struggle to breathe. 

"Luke."

Mangled cries dare to escape my lips. It all has happened so fucking fast.

"What's wrong babe?" 

His voice sounds so deep and in that moment, I knew that I had waken him.

"I woke you up didn't I?" I say, biting my lip to keep myself quiet. But soon I start to taste blood, its getting harder to hold on.