Xll : second chance

*Dedication to someone who can always make my day just a bit funnier. 

I'm just going to lay it out to you straight.

School sucks.

Badly.

Walking through the halls, I get disgusting stares from people who don’t even know me. They just know what they’ve been told. Like Blake said.

I walk through the cafeteria and heads turn in my direction. I see Jordan and Griffin sitting with the Blake, and the rest of the jocks of our school.

I can feel Blake’s eyes follow me as I walk towards the library, and away from the crowds. I’ve always hated crowds.

The library is very cut off from the rest of the school, in the corner of the big building. But the library is quite the opposite. 

The library is very small, the size of about 3 classrooms, and is always very empty. The librarian always has her nose in a book, and doesn’t pay any attention to what goes on in there.

It’s the perfect place for hidden sex, silent fights, and drug deals. But for me, it’s the perfect place to write.

But as soon as I turn the corner to get to the library, loud footsteps follow.

I step into one of the doorways and become unseen to whoever was behind me and wait for whoever it was to walk by.

But Blake’s smarter than that. He does the exact same thing that I did and grabs my waist, his bright blue eyes boring into mine.

“I think someone is following us, we should hide here and see who it is.”

I wiggle out of his grip.

“What do you want Blake?” I ask, slightly annoyed at him. I just want to get to the library and write.

“To hang out with you Anna.” He shrugs, “What else?”

“Well, you could go back to your posse and eat lunch and leave me alone like usual.” I suggest, slipping past him, and start walking to the library.

“Well then, to the library we go.” He says cheerfully, following me like a puppy dog.

“Aren’t you afraid someone will see you with me?” I ask, trying to get him to go away for three reasons. One: so I can write. Two: so I can be alone. And three: So I can talk to Luke.

“No one ever comes to this side of the school. I pretty sure that the chances of us being seen together are slim.”

How do I put this nicely?

Wait, he made my life hell. I don’t need to be nice.