XX : breathless

*Dedication to someone who needs to know that everything gets better. I promise. Everyone deserves to know that they will always have someone there for them.*

Sometimes I wonder if my life isn't real.

Whether the cause for that thought being that life is hell or its way too good to be true, I've never completely believed that I was real.

Go ahead. Laugh at me all you want, but right now, in Luke's hotel room, alone with Luke himself, I pinch myself to make sure that this is real. And from the sharp pain and new red mark on the top of my hand, I'm pretty sure it's real.

Luke backs me up against the wall right after he closes the door and places his hands above both of my shoulders. I can feel his warm breath on my face as he smiles.

"Hello." I say, picking at my sweater with my hands.

"Hi." He says, his eyes darting from my eyes to my lips. I know exactly what he wants.

"Did you know that your eyes are even prettier in person than they are in the photos?" He tells me, his dimples showing.

I blush at his comment and then let my hands travel to his waist as he moves closer to me.

"Can we pretend that this is your first kiss?" he asks me lowly.

"Of course. I didn't want Blake's mouth anywhere near me anyways."

He chuckles before pressing his lips against mine. His lips are soft and his motions are gentle but perfect.

His hands finally leave the wall and end up on my waist, and then slowly start to make their way lower. My hands have found his tight stomach and are frozen in place as Luke and I kiss.

His fingers fumble with the bottom material on my sweater, but he finally puts his hands on my bare skin, his touch cold.

He pulls away from me, and we are both breathless, but I'm not ready to stop.

"You're so soft and warm." He says, shooting me a dimpled smile before he starts to kiss me again.

His tongue glides across my lips, asking, begging for me to come out and meet him. I so kindly oblige.

I can feel the cold metal of his lip ring touch the side of my mouth occasionally, but more often, it's touching my lips. I used to think about what it would feel like to kiss a guy with a lip ring. I thought it would be weird and awkward, but with Luke, it's perfect.

Ever since his hands had gone under my sweater, they hadn't moved from my hips, but slowly, the start to go up and more towards my waist. His touch is constantly pulling me closer to him and so I move my arms around his neck.

Our bodies are pressed tightly together, no room for air in-between.

We both pull away, breathless, and smiling.

He leans down, and puts his lips next to my ear, whispering to me, "I don't think that you know how much that I want to take this sweater off of you."

He pulls back and I give him a joking disapproving glare, to which he laughs at.

He takes one of his hand out, pulling out his phone from his pocket. It read a little past 10.

"Sebastian told me that I had to have you home before 11, but I want to take you somewhere before I drop you off for the night."

"How long are you staying? Here in New York, I mean." I ask, expecting an answer along the lines of tomorrow.

"Well, Sebastian invited me over for Christmas dinner with your family, so at least a few more days."

And just like that, my excitement takes over me, and I kiss him again.

It wasn't like our other kisses, this was just a quick peck.

"So where did you want to take me?" I ask him.

He bops my nose with his finger. "That's for me to know, and for you to find out."

"But won't I have to drive you?"

"No, I got a driver so you won't have you. That way I can make out with you in the backseat." He winks seductively at me.

"Oh god. Are you sure that making out with me wasn't your main reason to get a driver."

He laughs, pulling me out the door. "Maybe."

We get back downstairs, the décor of the place still shocking me with its beauty, and into the black car we were driving earlier, but this time, sure enough, there is a driver in the front seat. Luke quietly tells the driver where to go, and then sits back down next to me. He takes my hand, after we put on our seat belts.

"Can you please tell me where we are going?" I ask him, growing more impatient every mile we go.

"Do you like cookies?" He asks me, a wide smile on his face.

"Yes" I say, laying my head on his shoulder, yawning. "Very much so actually."

"Well good, because we are going to go get cookies." He tells me, laying his head on top of mine.

His thumb rubs circles on the top of my hand, and I can't help think about how this all started.

A story that he happened to stumble upon. A story that I happened to write. A story about him.

The car comes to a stop, and we get out of the car, and into a little bakery, which was about to close.

"Get what you want." He tells me, but I feel like a kid in a candy shop. I could eat literally everything.

I pick out a warm chocolate chip cookie, and Luke gets the same.

"How did you find this place?" I ask him as we sit down at the table, the place deserted except for us.

"Ashton and I got bored one day while we were here so we went wandering around and found it. And I'm damn glad that we did."

I take another bite of the cookie, the chocolate melting in my mouth.

"I am too." I smile at him.

After about 15 minutes in the bakery, we thank the lady at the cash-register and walk out the door, walking down the street. The car isn't supposed to pick us up for another 10 minutes.

He takes my hand and our arms swing as we walk down the street in the dark, our breath floating away from us as we walked.

"Hey, kids." A chilling voice yells from behind. "Shouldn't you be home? It's late."

I freeze.

But Luke turns around to face him.

Larry works the night shift on the weekends.

It is almost 11 after all.

(A/N)

thanks so much for making Wattpad #229 in fanfiction... I love you guys.

well, Anna's stories are up on her account, and 5000 votes and I'll do Luke's as well.

oh, and sorry for the messed-up update schedule, I have finals this week.

and I've seriously always wondered what it would be like to kiss a guy with a lip ring....