XLlV : make her believe

Luke POV

It's impossible for me to be mad at Anna when I saw her break down with regret over what she did. 

What isn't impossible for me to be mad at is Ashton.

He told Anna about how I found her, and he made it sound like I was some sort of fuckboy. I want to punch him in the face. He can't just all of a sudden go up to my girlfriend and say that he loves her. That's not how it works. Especially since she is mine, and I am hers. Her one and only.

And fucking Ashton thinks that he get right in the middle of it and screw it up, and steal her away from me.

Nope.

Not how it works, sorry Ashton.

I even knew that he was the one to get her to message me when she never wanted to talk to me, I know that if it weren’t for him, I wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to show Anna how much I truly do love her. And I know that's something I can never repay him for.

But he can't just get in the middle of it and try to ruin what he helped put back together. Still not how it works.

All of the anger that what he's done building up inside of me kills me.

I don't want to hate Ashton, I don't want to hate my best friend.

But I still need to put him in his place.

I'm still at Anna's house, and she's cuddled up against me. She looks like an angel. I never want to leave her. She’s asleep, her mouth slightly agape, soft snores escaping from her lips. But they weren’t even snores, they were more like soft sighs.

Her arm is laid across my chest, and her head is resting on my bare shoulder. Her bare legs are wrapped around mine, my sweater not going down very far on her legs.

I still remember the look on her face when she slipped on my sweater on her birthday, after we laid naked in the hotel bed for a good hour.

Eventually, I fell asleep, with an angel in my arms, and a smile written across my face.

I woke up before Anna did, and couldn’t help but admire her beauty. I still remember when she didn’t want me to see her because she thought she was ugly. And I still want nothing more than to make her believe fully that she is the most beautiful girl in the entire world.

Every time I tried to make her believe, she brushed me off and laughed.

But I was and still am determined to make her believe.

Sometime during the night, Anna moved to the other side of the bed, so it was easy for me to get up and pull my shirt back on, before slipping out of her room, letting my nose guide me to the smell of bacon.