XXXVl : hidden

Ashton POV:

I mentally curse at myself as I see Anna kissing Luke.

That should be me.

I was the one who found her. I was the one who read her stories and commented on them all. I was her anonymous friend through it all. Then Luke looked over my shoulder.

I look back through the messages that Anna and I had sent to each other months before Luke even knew Wattpad existed.

butterfliesonscars: how's life beautiful?

AnnaBanana540: okay. I guess. I know that you live in Australia, but we need to meet. You're so cool. I wished you lived in New York :((

butterfliesonscars: I wish that you lived in Australia

AnnaBanana540: haha. I kinda wish that I did live in Australia. We could go to a fivesauce concert together :))

butterfliesonscars: that would be so much fun

AnnaBanana540: we have to promise that one day we'll do it

butterfliesonscars: Promise?

AnnaBanana540: Promise.

Those conversations that I had with her with beautiful. I never had any intention of telling her who I really was. I liked talking to her knowing that she liked me for me, and not just because I'm Ashton Irwin.

I was supposed to be the one to meet her one day. I was going to have her fall in love with me, I already was with her, and one day, I was going to surprise her with concert tickets. I had it all planned out.

Then I got this message.

AnnaBanana540: OMG YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT JUST HAPPENED 

AnnaBanana540: I MET LUKE HEMMINGS!!!! 

butterfliesonscars: oh!! That’s so cool!! You're soooooo lucky!! Are you gunna get to meet Ashton too?

AnnaBanana540: idk.. Maybe? I hope. I'll tell him 'Hi' for you

butterfliesonscars: please do!! 

I had to act excited for her when I was really crushed on the inside. I couldn't tell her that I was the one talking to her for over a year. Still not finding the right time to tell her that I was the boy we constantly chatted about. I pretended to be a guy fan of our band. Not gay or anything.

But I still told her my name was Ashton.

She would tell me of her daydreams, how she wished that one day she would be able to wake up next to Ashton. How she wished that she knew Ashton. That if she knew Ashton, then maybe he could make her feel beautiful.