XXXlV : free

Once the long beep stayed like that for over a minute I was sobbing in Ashton's arms.

"Shh." He told me as he ran his fingers through my hair.

Doctors had rushed in and started up a defibulater.

"Clear!" One doctor yelled.

They placed the metal on Luke's chest and he bounced up, but his heart was still gone.

"Charging!" Another doctor said while they prepped to shock Luke again.

I couldn't watch anymore so I buried my head into Ashton's chest.

I gave him the kiss of death. I killed him.

I'll never be able to forgive myself for it.

"Clear!" The first doctor yelled again.

I couldn't look as I heard the bed bounce up with Luke's weight.

But this time, something caught my attention.

Luke's heart was beating again.

I started crying even harder, Luke's brush with death still killing me on the inside.

But this time, I was crying with happy tears, Luke still being here to live another little bit.

"He's gunna be okay Anna, I promise." Ashton calms me down.

Just then both Michael and Calum rushed into the room.

"I heard what happened!" Calum said, his hair messy, bags prominent underneath his eyes.

"This is what happens when I go with you to get pizza." Michael pouts.

And then they see me.

I unlatch myself from Ashton and then step behind him.

I was afraid that they were going to yell at me. Confirm my fears of this all being my fault.

But they laugh, coming to me, crushing me into a hug.

"Thank you Anna." They said together, hugging me tightly.

Whoa, okay, I'm so confused.

"What?"

"We're free." Michael said, a memory of him flirting with Sadie flooding my mind. He doesn't have to do that anymore.

"We can be who we are now. No more deal, no more using girls. It's over." Calum says, taking me away from Michael and hugging me separately.

"Okay." I say, I don't know how to respond to all of that.

After Michael and Calum are done thanking me for something that I didn't mean to do, I walk back over to Luke's bedside.

I grab his hand again and start to cry again. With my free hand I trace the outlines on Luke's face. My fingertips running over perfection.

"So beautiful." I mumble under my breath.

He doesn't deserve this. The boys don't deserve this.

It was all my fault.

I get up and walk over to Ashton, "Can I get a ride to the hotel?" I ask him, not being able to handle Luke like this much longer without losing myself.

"Sure." He says, taking out his phone, typing something in it.

"It will just be for a couple hours. I'm tired from the flight and just need some rest. I'll come back and probably spend the night here. I already know that I won't be able to sleep tonight."

"Okay, that's fine. We've all had a long day, and a couple hours shouldn't hurt. I'll come too, I've been here as long as Luke has." He wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him, "Plus I need a shower." He whispers to me.

I giggle and grab my bag, when I see Michael and Calum giving me the puppy dog eyes.

I laugh at them and then set down my suitcase before going over to them to give them hugs.

"Why are you leaving?" Michael asks, and for a moment, I see the boy I fell in love with. The boy who's silly, the boy who dyes his hair the colors of every rainbow.

"Because I'm tired and need a shower." I tell him, hugging him before I leave.

I look over at Calum who's standing next to Michael and is still giving me the puppy dog eyes.

"Don't leave. What if Luke-" But he doesn't finish, instead he tackles me in a hug.

"I'll tell you if anything happens while you're gone." He says into my shoulder.

"Okay, thanks Calum." I tell him, going back to the door.

Ashton has grabbed my suitcase and gives me a sad smile.

"Ready?" He asks.

"Yeah." I say, "Bye guys."

"Bye." Both Michael and Calum say at the same time, sitting down on the couch in the room.

I give them a little smile, and then start to head out, but a raspy voice catches me.

"What? I don't get a goodbye?"

I look over at Luke who's eyes are barely open and a lopsided smile is written across his face.

"Oh my god, Luke."

I run over to his bedside and start to cry.

"Luke. You scared me. We thought you were gone."

"Pshh, I've been awake listening the entire time."

I laugh because he doesn't know that his heart stopped for two minutes. I laugh because he's alive. I laugh because he's smiling. I laugh because I love him. I laugh because he's still here.

"I love you." He tells me, his hand grabbing mine.

"I love you too."

(A/N)

Lol.

I was never going to kill Luke. I just like seeing you guys squirm.

I know... I'm so nice :)))))