XXll : the talk

As soon as Luke left, I was summoned to the living room where Sebastian's parents, and Sebastian were waiting for me.

I sat down on the couch in between them, and breathed out, wondering what they wanted to talk about.

"Anna, can we talk?"

And with those words, I know exactly what they wanted to talk about.

They wanted to know why I tried to drown.

"I know it probably had nothing to do with us, but Anna, since we're your guardians, we need to know why you tried to commit suicide."

"It had nothing to do with you guys,” I confirm,  “I was just overwhelmed and tired of this world, and didn't feel like I had the strength to keep on living." I say, my eyes starting to water.

Sebastian's mom, Kelly, puts her arm around me and starts to cry with me.

I hug her tightly and then Sebastian's dad, Frank, hugs me too. I think I even hear him cry.

I always end up hurting people. I just can't stop can I?

"We love you so much. And we know how hard it was to live with Larry and Sarah. I never want you to go back there ever again." Frank says to me.

"I never want to go back." I say, letting the tears fall off of my cheeks. Tears remind me that I'm alive, and sometimes, I need that reminder.

For a while all we did was sit in silence. Tears dripping into oceans on our clothes, into the house. The waves were taking my mind to a different place, away from the world that I live in, and to a world that is Luke's definition of perfect.

Being with him.

That's perfect.

 I wish I could live in that world forever.

After the oceans went down the drain, and the clouds closed up, we all fixed our appearance. The struggle over.

"Anna, uh, we had one more thing we wanted to tell you." Frank says, coughing, looking to Kelly.

"I don't want to tell her." She puts her hands up in surrender.

"But it’s more of a women thing!" Frank combats, laughing.

I'm so confused.

Sebastian is sitting on the floor laughing.

"They want to make sure that if you fuck Luke that you wear a condom so you don't get pregnant." He laughs.

I choke on my spit.

"What?!" I say.