XLVlll : promised

I can't get out of bed.

My head is pounding, and my heart is aching.

Not just because of Luke, but because today is March 6th.

March 6th is the day Savannah died.

I grab her teddy bear and end up crying again.

Last year, when it was her one year anniversary of her death, I was able to cope with my mom by my side. But now that I'm gone, no one knows what it's like to lose your best friend.

I had no friends besides the Sebastian, Jordan, and Griffin, so Savannah and I were so close. When she died, a part of me did as well.

The pain that had replaced her spot in my heart was unbearable for quite some time, and even when it dulled down it still throbbed.

Larry denied her death date, and I don't know how. Where does he think she went? To her friends for an eternal slumber party? I always hated Larry after Savannah died.

"It's probably just the flu." Larry said, walking away from Savannah coughing, "She'll get over it."

Little did he know, that the little case of the flu she got turned into full blown pneumonia. By the time he realized that she was really sick, he was too late. The blood that splattered her hands and the corner of her arm as she coughed was her death sentence.

Two days later, she died.

And no matter what I did, I couldn't get the blood off the walls and her bed when she left. I scrubbed and scrubbed but the red stains turned brown with time until eventually I couldn't stand it. I re-painted everything. I couldn't stand a reminder.

The only reminder I couldn't get rid of was the few drops of blood that stained the face of her teddy bear. But her teddy bear is a reminder that I could never get rid of.

Sebastian really became my best friend throughout that time. He came over constantly, and we would cry together. That was around the time he lost his little brother to cancer.

There's an unbreakable bond between Sebastian and I now, but I still feel alone in this moment.

It is a moment like this when I need Luke more than I need air.

Because even though air is keeping me alive, Luke is keeping my heart beating, even though right now it's breaking.

I can't sit in bed anymore, my heart is beating fast.

I want nothing more than to see Savannah again, but right now, I want nothing more than to see my mom.

I could care less about getting caught by Larry, I've been able to get away from him before, but right now, I need my mom and I know that my mom needs me.

She was never a bad person, she just has bad judgment.

And now, she's lost both of her daughters.

One to sickness, and the other to the world.

I'm going home.

I slip on some sweats and Luke's sweatshirt, one that I know I'll never be able to get rid of, just like Savannah's teddy bear, and ask Sebastian to take me to my mom.

He hesitates at first, but he knows that my mom loves me and that the hardest part about living here was being away from her.

He drives me back to the little house I used to live in and puts his car in park.

"I'm staying here until you come back, Larry's car is here." He says, crossing his arms. "I wouldn't trust Blake's life with Larry."

I laugh because he hates Blake and I laugh because he's Sebastian and I love him. No matter what we say to each other, no matter how much we fight, we'll always be like brother and sister, looking out for each other.

"Okay, give me 15 to 30 minutes at the most. I'll be back. I won't let Larry lay a finger on me."

"And if he does I swear I'll-" Sebastian starts but I get out of the car before I can hear him finish.

I go and knock on the door, my heart in my throat, and wait for someone to answer. I hope to god that it's my mom, and knowing from past experience, it will probably be her, Larry doesn't like getting off the couch unless necessary.

My mom answers the door, a fresh bruise lining her lower jaw, big dark bags underneath her eyes, and her clothes messy and wrinkled.

But when she sees me, her eyes light up and she throws her arms around me, starting to cry as quiet as she can manage.

"Anna, my Anna." She coos softly.

"I missed you mom."

"I missed you too." She pulls away from me, "I thought I had lost you."

"You'll never lose me." I tell her, wiping tears from my eyes.

"Are you doing okay at Sebastian's?"

"How did you know I was staying there?"

"Kelly gives me updates everyonce in a while." She says with a smile, "I wish we could talk more Anna, but you need to go before Larry comes out here, he's in the shower but I don't know how much longer he'll be. I don't want him to see you."

I start to cry harder.

"One day mom, I'll get you out of here, I promise."

She nods.

I turn to go when a chilling voice runs up my spine.

"Well well, look what the cat drug in." Larry's voice says with a laugh. "Anna."

"Go." My mom whispers and so I do.

I run to Sebastian's car and we speed off.

I start to cry harder, sobs escaping my lips.

But not because my mom is still living a hell, or because Larry nearly caught me, but because Luke wasn't there to save me, like he said he would the next time I saw Larry.

And he promised.

(A/N)

Two more chapters to gooooooooo

Holy fuck guys I'm gunna miss writing this story...

I'll post it right after the fiftieth chapter.

Lol.

I got a haircut :)) I think it looks pretty good.

Thanks again for everyone who's read Short Skirts and Group. They both have ratings now and I'm hoping to update them both later today so be on the lookout :)))