XXVll : the nightmare on christmas day

*Dedication to my homie in english class...  wassssuppp

I was sitting on the couch, biting my nails when he called.

I got up, still a wreck, and walked to the office, shutting the door behind me before pressing talk.

"Hello?" The deep voice asked.

"Hello?" I asked back.

"You’re so fucking naive." He growled. "He used you and you had no idea. He was trying to recruit you."

A deep laugh vibrated my phone.

"What... what do you mean?" I ask, on the verge of tears.

"You are nothing to him. He lied. All so that he could get in your pants."

I blink down tears.

"What?"

"You'll figure it out."

And then, just like that, the voice was gone.

Just like my sanity at the moment.

I was already on edge, but that just made it worse.

It was an hour before Luke, Ashton, Calum and Michael were supposed arrive. 

Jordan just got here, and Frank and Adam were running last minute errands while every other person in the house, besides me, Sebastian, and Jordan, were cooking.

I was pacing. And biting my nails. And shaking. I had no control.

"Stop pacing Anna, your gunna walk a hole in the carpet."

"Shut up Sebastian." I snap back.

He looks slightly offended, but he also knows why I'm on edge. "Anna, you shouldn't be so nervous. Everything is gunna be fine."

"Is it?"

But he doesn't have an answer to that. No one does.

After Ashton clammed up about Luke hiding something, my entire being has been on the edge of a cliff. 

Sleep never came last night, the darkness and shadows creeping around the room kept my attention. And not in a good way. The sheep I tried to count, turned to Ashton, and his words floated around in the air hours after they were said.

And then, after what felt like 10 minutes, the doorbell rang. And we weren't expecting anyone else but the boys. Frank and Adam would have the key to the house.