XVlll : it's a mystery

It was two days before Christmas and I haven't even gotten half my presents. Great right? I've been a procrastinator ever since I was young, but this is really pushing it.

I decide on some fuzzy socks for Sebastian (that’s honestly what he asked for), an iTunes gift card for Griffin, and a couple picture frames for Jordan and his picture taking hands. Jane is coming home for Christmas and so I get her some fuzzy socks as well. You can never go wrong with those suckers.

I pay for the gifts and as I pay, I realize that I really need to get a job. I'm running low on cash.

I don't know what to get Luke though. I don't even know how I would get his gift to him. But still, I feel like I have to. 

I walk home, the brittle cold never letting up, numbing my fingers. Two blocks later and I’m back at Sebastian’s house, my face completely flushed by the cold. I walk inside to see Sebastian pacing his living room. This cannot be good.

“Anna!” He yells when he sees me. “Where the fuck have you been?”

“Shopping for Christmas you ass. Fuck off.” I tell him as I walk to my room. Or Jane’s room. I don’t know what to call it.

“No wait Anna. You’re going on a date tonight, I set you up with someone.” He says excitedly likes it’s the best thing he’s ever done for me. I set the presents in my room and get ready to slap that bastard.

“And what makes you think that I want you go on a date?” I ask him, completely confused about which part of me hating everyone in the world said that I want to go out on a date with a stranger.

“C’mon, it I’ll be so much fun, I promise.” He’s still so giddy. What the fuck did he do this time? Wait. Who the fuck did he set me up with.

“If you set me up with Blake, I’m going to have your head.” I tell him, completely furious with him now.

“Do you really think that I would set you up with Blake? I’m not that horrible of a friend.” He pouts his bottom lip, crossing his arms over his chest.

“No, but I just had to make sure. Do I even know the guy?” I ask him, freaked out by what he might say, and definitely freaked out about who this guy is.

“Yes, no, sort of?” He smiles brightly. “C’mon, let’s go make you beautiful! Not that you aren’t already but whatever.” He says, pulling me into my room, digging through my closet. He does that too often. I need to learn how to pick out my own clothes and make them match.

He pulls out a sweater and a nice pair of skinny jeans, and ushers me into the bathroom, standing outside the door, telling me to hurry while I change.

I go as fast as Anna can (which isn’t very fast at all, because I’m quite lazy), and stumble over my own feet out of the bathroom, where Sebastian laughs.

He straightens my hair, does my make-up and then pulls me into his car, with no room for me to ask any more questions about my mystery date.