Chapter 27

Merle's POV
I watched as Daryl and Ciara walked into the woods together. I was sitting on the window sill in the kitchen, watching her until she was out of sight. Damn I still loved that girl, even though she pretty much hated me at some points. When I saw her in that kitchen all I wanted to do was kiss her right there, but I knew I would probably be dead from doing that.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a loud clashing sound. I looked over my shoulder to see Carol had dropped a bunch of dishes on the floor. I got up from my seat and went to help her.

She waved me off, "I'm fine Merle." I didn't say anything, just helped her pick up the dishes the best I could with one hand. "Thanks," she said once we finished.

I grunted and leaned against the counter with my arms crossed. "It's nothing Carol."

She smiled and started getting lunch ready. "So tell me about that girl."

My eyes widened and I looked away. "I don't know what you're talkin bout."

Carol put her hands on her hips. "Merle, you sure as hell know what and who I'm talking about. Do you love her?"

I nodded. "But she doesn't love me."

"You don't know that Merle."

I glared at her. "Yes I do, I pushed her away again and again. Now that she's gone, I couldn't want her anymore then I do now."

Carol rested her hand on my shoulder. "You'll find someone Merle."

I slapped her hand away. "You don't get it do you!?" I spat. "I don't want anyone else! All I want is her, you're just to stupid of a bitch to notice!"

To my surprise Carol didn't even flinch. "If you keep pushing everyone that cares away, you'll never have her in your life. As a friend, sister, or something else, if you keep pushing her away you won't get any of that."

I didn't say anything, just looked at the floor. "You're right," I mumbled.

She gave me a small smile and squeezed my shoulder before walking out the kitchen. "And Merle," she said, sticking her head back in the doorway. "You best make things right with that girl."

I nodded at her and she continued to go do whatever she did for the day. I let out a sigh and leaned against the counter. How the hell was I suppose to tell Ciara I still had feelings for her. After all I said, would she even believe me?

Daryl's POV
Rick, Ciara, and I had been out hunting for about an hour now and we still hadn't found shit. It was most likely from all the noise Rick was making, I love the guy like a brother, but he was noisier then a walker.

Every noise he made I would wince, Ciara started to notice. "Daryl." I looked over at Ciara, she hadn't let go of my hand since we left the housing area. "How about I take Rick with me and you can hunt on you're own?"

"Ciara..." I warned.

"I know you want me with you, but Rick can protect me just as well. Besides, it looks like you're going to shoot a bolt through the back of his head." She had a point there.

"Fine." I groaned. "But only for a couple hours, and then we meet back up here."

She nodded and I whistled to Rick, telling him to stop. "What's up Daryl?" He asked, confused why we were stopping.

"We're splitting up, you'll go with Ciara." I told him.

Rick raised an eyebrow at me. "Are you okay with that?"

I scoffed. "No, but truthfully man, you're noisy as hell, she can teach you some things too."

He scratched the back of his head. "Sorry man."